My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member Raybuscus_timekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    25

    My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    So my tag heuer carrera 7 twin time is like 14 seconds behind, like soon as the seconds hand reaches 46 seconds, my quartz watch already has completed one minute
    How can I make it more simpler...

    Time format ( HH:MM:SS )

    If the time is 12:59:46 on my tag heuer,
    My quartz watch shows 1:00:00

    And if my tag heuer shows 1:00:00
    My quartz watch shows 1:01:15

    HELP!!!

    My dad gave me this watch. :)

    P.s for the curious ones, the quartz watch is a Certina DS-2 PreciDrive (Movement : Thermocompensated Quartz ETA 251.264.CEN)


    ~Thank You~
    COLLECTING WATCHES IS A DRUG DONE ONLY BY GENTLEMEN

  2. #2
    Member mleok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    18,477

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Mechanical watches are generally not as accurate as quartz watches, a certain amount of drift each day is considered normal. How long was it between the time you synched the Tag with your quartz watch, and when you noticed the 14 second difference?


    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

    Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

  3. #3
    Member Inca Bloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,757

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    if it loses 14 seconds évery minute you should have it adjusted by the watchmaker, if it's over 24h it's kinda normal.
    try one of these app's :
    Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.hurban.watch

    Apple : Watch Tracker - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    "Unum Non Satis"


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Raybuscus_timekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    25

    My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    Mechanical watches are generally not as accurate as quartz watches, a certain amount of drift each day is considered normal. How long was it between the time you synched the Tag with your quartz watch, and when you noticed the 14 second difference?
    I normally strap on my watch as soon as I get up and dressed for the day, (8:00 AM) I noticed it an hour ago,

    I am a guy who love perfection and accuracy; if my watch is a few seconds fast or slow... it drives me insane.

    P.s I synced it a day ago :)
    Is that bad?

    At that time it was only 5 seconds slow.
    Last edited by Raybuscus_timekeeper; May 15th, 2014 at 11:13.
    COLLECTING WATCHES IS A DRUG DONE ONLY BY GENTLEMEN

  6. #5
    Member Raybuscus_timekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    25

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Inca Bloc View Post
    if it loses 14 seconds évery minute you should have it adjusted by the watchmaker, if it's over 24h it's kinda normal.
    try one of these app's :
    Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.hurban.watch

    Apple : Watch Tracker - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    I'll take it to a watchmaker tomorrow if it stays the same :)

    Thank you
    COLLECTING WATCHES IS A DRUG DONE ONLY BY GENTLEMEN

  7. #6
    Member mleok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    18,477

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybuscus_timekeeper View Post
    I normally strap on my watch as soon as I get up and dressed for the day, (8:00 AM) I noticed it an hour ago,

    I am a guy who love perfection and accuracy; if my watch is a few seconds fast or slow... it drives me insane.

    P.s I synced it a day ago :)
    Is that bad?

    At that time it was only 5 seconds slow.
    I understand this to mean that your watch lost 9 seconds in 24 hours (or 36 hours according to your original version). This is normal for a mechanical watch that is not a certified chronometer. I suggest you not wear a mechanical watch if it being a few seconds fast or slow will drive you insane.


    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

    Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

  8. #7
    Member dsabinojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Seychelles
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybuscus_timekeeper View Post
    I normally strap on my watch as soon as I get up and dressed for the day, (8:00 AM) I noticed it an hour ago,

    I am a guy who love perfection and accuracy; if my watch is a few seconds fast or slow... it drives me insane.

    P.s I synced it a day ago :)
    Is that bad?

    At that time it was only 5 seconds slow.
    If accuracy is key then you should go for a Quartz watch. My Omega Constellation Quartz didn't lose a second after over 2 months (probably even more accurate than that but I haven't been keeping track of its timekeeping after the 2 month period).
    IG: mrwatchusername

    Main Stable: -

    Breguet Type XX Transatlantique
    Rolex Datejust
    Rolex Milgauss
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster Professional
    Omega Constellation Quartz
    Jeanrichard Aquascope Hokusai
    Seiko Diver's Automatic

  9. #8
    Member Raybuscus_timekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    25

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dsabinojr View Post
    If accuracy is key then you should go for a Quartz watch. My Omega Constellation Quartz didn't lose a second after over 2 months (probably even more accurate than that but I haven't been keeping track of its timekeeping after the 2 month period).
    I'll be sure to check that out, thank you :)

    I also have my eyes on an Omega SpeedMaster Lunar dust.
    COLLECTING WATCHES IS A DRUG DONE ONLY BY GENTLEMEN

  10. #9
    Member lysanderxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"
    Posts
    8,842

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybuscus_timekeeper View Post
    So my tag heuer carrera 7 twin time is like 14 seconds behind, like soon as the seconds hand reaches 46 seconds, my quartz watch already has completed one minute
    How can I make it more simpler...

    Time format ( HH:MM:SS )

    If the time is 12:59:46 on my tag heuer,
    My quartz watch shows 1:00:00

    And if my tag heuer shows 1:00:00
    My quartz watch shows 1:01:15

    HELP!!!

    My dad gave me this watch. :)

    P.s for the curious ones, the quartz watch is a Certina DS-2 PreciDrive (Movement : Thermocompensated Quartz ETA 251.264.CEN)


    ~Thank You~
    What you are describing is two watches not in synch, not necessarily a slow watch.

    Pull the crown on the quartz, and stop the second hand. Set the hands on the quartz so when the watch is restarted the second hands are in synch.

    Wait seven days (exactly 336 hours).

    Note the total error between the two in seconds and divide this error by 7. That is the total error in seconds per day. If that is more than 10 seconds, I will be surprised.....
    familiaritas parit contemptum; raritate admiratione wins.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

  11. #10
    Member Raybuscus_timekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    25

    Re: My automatic watch 14 seconds behind! Help!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii View Post
    What you are describing is two watches not in synch, not necessarily a slow watch.

    Pull the crown on the quartz, and stop the second hand. Set the hands on the quartz so when the watch is restarted the second hands are in synch.

    Wait seven days (exactly 336 hours).

    Note the total error between the two in seconds and divide this error by 7. That is the total error in seconds per day. If that is more than 10 seconds, I will be surprised.....
    Ok will do, thank you
    COLLECTING WATCHES IS A DRUG DONE ONLY BY GENTLEMEN

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •