My Christmas watch AND my Christmas surprise.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ElFuego
  • 1 Post By RBrylawski
  • 1 Post By ElFuego

Thread: My Christmas watch AND my Christmas surprise.

I ordered an Artego 500M in late November and my wife promptly gift-wrapped it and it went under the tree. It is quite a nice and impressive piece. I love its weight but it's also quite nicely finished. It is extremely comfortable to wear and when I put a Monster back on, it felt like a wannabe.
    Name:  Artego%u0025252520500Ma.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  200.6 KB

I am not 100% certain that I can pull off the blue color, it's a little loud to me, but it will look great in outdoor sports situations (like fly fishing).
    Name:  Artego%u0025252520500Mb.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  152.7 KB

My wife had me open it a couple days early, which was odd because we only open our less significant gifts early. This was supposed to be the big show for me (I also ordered a pair of waterproof binoculars). On Christmas eve night, she gave me this awesome surprise! It is light years above anything I expected in my collection at this stage. Needless to say, I got far out-classed as far as gifts go. I am married to one special woman!
    Name:  PAM00164a.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  112.7 KB

It's a PAM00164 (fyi)

Name:  PAM00164b.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  123.3 KB

Name:  PAM00164c.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  123.2 KB

I gotta up my game* next year.

*carat weight

I guess I need a lesson in photography as well as how to embed pics. :-/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ElFuego; December 27th, 2012 at 02:34.
    Metlin, brandon\ and ancreanchor like this.

Re: My Christmas watch AND my Christmas surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ElFuego View Post
    I ordered an Artego 500M in late November and my wife promptly gift-wrapped it and it went under the tree. It is quite a nice and impressive piece. I love its weight but it's also quite nicely finished. It is extremely comfortable to wear and when I put a Monster back on, it felt like a wannabe.
    Name:  Artego%u002520500Ma.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  8.4 KB

I am not 100% certain that I can pull off the blue color, it's a little loud to me, but it will look great in outdoor sports situations (like fly fishing).
    Name:  Artego%u002520500Mb.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  7.7 KB

My wife had me open it a couple days early, which was odd because we only open our less significant gifts early. This was supposed to be the big show for me (I also ordered a pair of waterproof binoculars). On Christmas eve night, she gave me this awesome surprise! It is light years above anything I expected in my collection at this stage. Needless to say, I got far out-classed as far as gifts go. I am married to one special woman!
    Name:  PAM00164a.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  6.9 KB

It's a PAM00164 (fyi)
    Name:  PAM00164b.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  7.6 KB
    Name:  PAM00164c.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  6.1 KB

I gotta up my game* next year.

*carat weight
    Um.....WOW! That wife of yours is a keeper!
    Patsbox7 likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Congrats on the Pam! Very sweet gesture by your wife.
    Patrick M. Faherty
    JLP Enterprises LLC

CURRENT LINEUP- ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE REF 1500, SEIKO SARB035, ORIENT BLUERAY ( Making way for a 3-4 piece Rolex collection )

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on BOTH watches but, yeah, that Pam is a VERY nice suprise..love it on the rubber strap too. Wear them both in good health.

-Shawn

Great surprise, enjoy it.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Wow!....wow....um......wow!!!!

Most of us dream of wives like yours...where our horological obsessions are concerned, that is... This is your chance to reinforce the cause and effect phenomenon of her purchasing watches for you! Maybe you can teach her that the net result of watch purchases is a gain for her!
    "It's all in the reflexes..."
    -Jack Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Takemusu View Post
    Wow!....wow....um......wow!!!!

Most of us dream of wives like yours...where our horological obsessions are concerned, that is... This is your chance to reinforce the cause and effect phenomenon of her purchasing watches for you! Maybe you can teach her that the net result of watch purchases is a gain for her!
    I went with her to this boutique up the street from us, she just wanted me to look. I tried on several, but figured that all of them were out of our current reach (or at least out of our budget for things that aren't necessities). I liked a few Omegas and thought she might pick one of those up against my good judgement. Of all the ones I tried on, this was the one that really caught my eye and I mentioned it to the sales guy. I tried on a $10k Blanc Pain that was nice, but seriously, I thought of all the watches in that store on that day, this was the one. She sneaked back up there and was about to buy an Omega and the sales guy told her that the PAM was the one I really liked. She could have gotten 2 of the Omegas (second hand) for what this one cost but she said, "wrap it up!".

I had also pointed to a Patek which was quite classy, probably 25+ years old. She said for me to try it on, but I told HER to put it on. "But it's a man's watch" she said. I told her to trust me. She put it on and LOVED it. Now I just need to put aside about $9000 and sneak up there to pick up that 18k Calatrava. Anyway, I plan to do my part to keep her interested. She only has fashion watches at the moment (probably 30 of them).

FWIW, for those of you in Atlanta, you should stop in SwissWatchExpo next to The White House diner on Peachtree. Great team of folks.
    ancreanchor likes this.

Thread Information