My Collection and Short Story
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: My Collection and Short Story

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Collection and Short Story

When I started collecting about 10 years ago I was quite hasty. I then quickly learned with about 20 watches that I was growing bored with them frequently and I was not interested in being a flipper. I was going to sell them all and carefully decide on a core that I would never change. That would be 4: Brown Dress, Black Dress, Bracelet Style, and Sport Watch. In short this resulted in the top row in my pic. They have not changed since then and to this day I have no plans to do so. The honeymoon is still on, as completely intended. I then came across the most beautiful soft leather interior case sized to 8. Over the past few years I carefully, again, decided on a modest other 4 that would fill it. Now I consider this done and I have everything I want(ed) in a rather versitile and flexable collection ranging from a watch while I'm on my motorcyle to a watch for that occasional formal event. I couldn't be happier with the direction I chose to go early-on and what has resulted from it. Here's my …"end game":
    Attached Images Attached Images

IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (stainless) - IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (white 18K) - Rolex Yachtmaster - Tag Heuer Limited Edition DiCaprio Aquaracer (Blue) - Edox Grand Ocean Day/Date - Eterna Kontiki Diver (Black) - Longines Hydroconquest (Black, Red bezel) - Certina DS Action (Black) - Victorinox Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Jubilee (Red), Collection State: Happily closed.

Re: My Collection and Short Story

Very nice Indeed! Good on you!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    frozenotter likes this.

Nice collection (though I think I would have just stayed with the original four)--enjoy, and wear them in good health.
    frozenotter likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting that you went with the IWC twice, one in brown and black... I'm not knocking the decision at all and they look good side x side, but what led you to buy both? Just liked that particular piece way more than any alternatives?

More power to you for deciding what you like and sticking with it. I’m like a bee flitting from flower to flower when it comes to watches.

Very nice collection (and the box is beautiful). So “end game” in quotes to highlight the expression itself, or to admit there is no such thing and you accept it as untruth?
    Kidding (kind of). You’re in a great position to stop right there with this collection. But so many of us simply cannot identify with such a notion!
    Ted Rzad and frozenotter like this.

Fabulous collection and case!
    frozenotter likes this.

Kudos on devising a disciplined approach and sticking to it! Proof positive that a well-crafted logical process can free us from the nagging chaos of the ‘what if’ (if we want to freed from it of course!).

I’m in an early phase myself and have quickly amassed ~20 watches with various design elements in an attempt to fully understand my actual needs and taste. I aspire to reaching your level of enlightenment!

I’ve gone through this process with many other things over the years (tools, photo gear, bicycles/motorcycles, guitars/amps/FX): once you land on the exact right thing, you know it and can relax ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    frozenotter likes this.

Wow, you guys are awesome. Thanks for your posts and comments - it's so interesting hearing from various thoughts and directions of interests.

Quote Originally Posted by wzm4114 View Post
    Interesting that you went with the IWC twice, one in brown and black... I'm not knocking the decision at all and they look good side x side, but what led you to buy both? Just liked that particular piece way more than any alternatives?
    I was obsessed with that IWC model about 9 years ago. At the time I had the SS one as my favorite, but the 18K was my grail ..to be. It was to fill the "brown dress" category and be my personal grail so I bought it. I never wear it though because there just hasn't been the occasion for it. If I won the lottery I'd get the platinum one too. Think of it like when you like a shirt and you buy every color! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    Very nice collection (and the box is beautiful). So “end game” in quotes to highlight the expression itself, or to admit there is no such thing and you accept it as untruth?
    Kidding (kind of). You’re in a great position to stop right there with this collection. But so many of us simply cannot identify with such a notion!
    Thanks, kind sir. Great analysis! I should have just put end-game. LOL.
    IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (stainless) - IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (white 18K) - Rolex Yachtmaster - Tag Heuer Limited Edition DiCaprio Aquaracer (Blue) - Edox Grand Ocean Day/Date - Eterna Kontiki Diver (Black) - Longines Hydroconquest (Black, Red bezel) - Certina DS Action (Black) - Victorinox Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Jubilee (Red), Collection State: Happily closed.

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Great collection and share.
    frozenotter likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information