My Collection Thus Far(3 years worth).
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My Collection Thus Far(3 years worth).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Collection Thus Far(3 years worth).

I've been a member of this forum now for approximately 3 years. I've had a love of watches since I received my first watch as a present from my grandmother when I was 8. I am now 35. I always said that if I collected anything, it would be watches. I look at watches as art. We all know we can just look at our cellphones these days to tell the time, but a watch does it with style! Each one is unique; the hands, the markings, the movement, the color, the feel, the look, the purpose. There are so many to choose from and there are plenty to suit all of our varied tastes. I have purchased and flipped way too many watches to count over the last 3 years. I get a little sick thinking about all of the money spent, wasted, in order to figure out what I really liked in a watch and what I didn't. I've learned that 38-42 mm is an ideal width for me, I don't like heavy thick watches(made exception for TSAR), I prefer quartz, but appreciate the automatics, I prefer sapphire, I'm more of a bracelet guy, I prefer brushed over polished, and the fact that my tastes will likely continue to change. About half are casual/dress watches that i can wear every day, and the others are just for fun and because I think they're cool. I've posted a few of my watches over the years, but never my entire collection. After a couple of recent purchases, I really feel that I have a complete collection and that I have achieved what I set out to do. I've had the Chase Durer since 2000, but otherwise everything else has been acquired in the last 3 years. The hunt has been so much fun, and I have purchased and sold so fast that I feel like I really haven't had time to appreciate the ones that I have. My collection now sits at 27 watches if I counted correctly. I think that's way too many and would really like to have it down to 15 to 20 tops. I wear my Gshock 5600J and Chase Durer at work during the week so that leaves me with 2-3 days to fit in 25 watches. Such a waste. I've looked them all over and really can't bring myself to sell any of them though. I think I'd regret it. I think it's time to sit back and relax for a while though. So here's what I've been up to for the last 3 years. Enjoy

My GShocks/Casio's:

My Seiko's/Citizens:

My Hamiltons:

My Marathon TSAR:

My Tags:

My Trasers:

My Chase Durer:

And finally, My recent Omega Purchase, everything I've wanted in a diver...

As far as which ones i like the best? Appreciate the most? Best Quality etc? I would have to say out of my entire collection, my Seiko SBCM 023 is the highest quality piece I own. The feel, the bracelet, the quartz movement is dead on and hits each marker with authority. Even though I love the look, I can't say the same about the Omega which cost 2 grand more than the Seiko. The Seiko Sportura's with sapphire are just awesome too. Unbelievable quality for the price. My next favorites have to be the Tag Heuer Aquaracer 2000 classic's. They are just built so well, have a simple classic look, and are super comfortable. They are the opposite of the large mammoth, blingy watches that are being pumped out today. It's funny, when we look back at our collections, we have to ask ourselves why we ended up with the styles of watches that we have. As you can see, a large portion of my collection have a similar style of dial, ie. field numbered dials with 24 hour sub markings like the Hamiltons or Trasers. I wasn't sure what lured me to that style, but after some thought I realized that the first timex that my grandmother purchased for me was of the same exact style. Some sort of repressed nostalgia I'm sure. The G's? I'm an avid hiker, traveler and outdoors lover. I just love having a functional watch, that can take a serious beating and that I don't have to worry about one bit, and they're relatively cheap. Other than that, I just love the clean look of the dial on any dive watch. Do I have a grail? I don't know...I think I would have to say it would be the Rolex Submariner. I don't know if I could ever bring myself to spend that much on a single watch, but I think that would have to be it. I just want to say thanks to all the other watch nuts out there for all the reviews, pictures and advice that help us all in the search for the elusive "perfect collection". Happy Hunting
    Last edited by scooby; December 2nd, 2011 at 05:17.
    CitizenM and bacari like this.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

Re: My Collection Thus Far(3 years worth).

Very nice collection. I admire the fact that you've been able to resist selling any, that's my weak spot.
    I have to agree with you, the SMP is one of the best all around diver's out there.

Sweet collection,,my fav is your Ciitizen.I had the SS version,and sold it like a dummy.A very comfy watch.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You sir, are a man who knows what he wants! Formidable is the word that comes to mind.

a testosterone charged collection. I can see WIS'ers growing more chest hair after viewing this thread :P
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Quote Originally Posted by mikeynd View Post
    Sweet collection,,my fav is your Ciitizen.I had the SS version,and sold it like a dummy.A very comfy watch.
    Yeah, I've seen you post pics of your nighthawk before. Yours was the only other one I've ever seen. Comfy indeed. I have been close to selling mine a few times too, but I can't, just cuz it's so rare and so damn cool...
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

Nice collection. Really liking the Omega and the Hammy Viewmatic.

Very nice collection and enjoyed the read.

Thanks for sharing.

So what watch do you see yourself getting next?

What a vast collection, thanks for sharing with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information