MY first major watch purchase
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: MY first major watch purchase

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I have it narrowed down to three watches: Rolex OP 39mm Red Grape. Omega Aqua Terra 150m Co-Axial Master Chrono 38mm or the Omega speedmaster Pro 42mm. My first watch was a Tag Heuer, it's a decent watch but I am looking to step into something a little more significant. It seems like the Speedmaster pro is a forum favorite and I am definitely a big fan. Realistically I will end up with at least two of these in the next year or so. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

I would recommend against the 114300. It is a great watch, but I found I wanted to wear my first major watch purchase all the time and I'm not sure that color is versatile enough for that.
    rfortson likes this.
    Current Rotation
    Tudor Pelagos 25500TN, Omega Aqua Terra 8500, Omega SMPc, Eterna Kontiki Date
    Come and Gone
    Hexa Osprey, Armida A1 (42mm), Certina DS Action Diver, Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro, Orient Mako, Alpha Seamaster, Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor III, Orient Chicane, Davosa Ternos, Tisell Marine Dive, Davosa Ternos Pro GMT, Longines Hydroconquest, Christopher Ward C65 Classic, Christopher Ward C1000 Typhoon Cockpit Edition

Re: MY first major watch purchase

IMO, start off with the Rolex. Since it's in your lineup, I'm guessing it has that special something- that "X-Factor" that the other two don't have.

Don't get me wrong, all three are great watches, and Rolex is by no means the end-all be-all of watches, but if that were my short list, I'd be walking out of the Omega boutique, new purchase in hand, thinking "what-if" about the Rollie.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bwedlund View Post
    I would recommend against the 114300. It is a great watch, but I found I wanted to wear my first major watch purchase all the time and I'm not sure that color is versatile enough for that.
    I still say get the Rolex, but I also agree with this. Maybe try a more versatile color.
    MediumRB, Simon and Bhorner like this.

Thatís a good excuse for the second major watch purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this. I bought my first MAJOR watch 116900 last month and wear it all the time. I had considered the red grape and am glad I didnít get it as Iíd be quickly known as the guy with the purple Rolex. That is still a possibility down the road but it would be in a rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MediumRB likes this.

If the grape speaks to you, I would go for it. Iíve admired the grape ever since it was announced. Such an unusual color that you isnít dull and wonít just be another Rolex. Nothing wrong with standing out a little.
    41Mets and TJ Boogie like this.

Fair comment, I have been going back and forth on the color a hundred times. It's between the Red Grape or Dark Rhodium. I have other blue watches so looking get away from that.

The Dark Rhodium is sharp. I don't think I'd ever get tired of looking at that and it does stand out. I agree with getting the Rolex. My first big purchase was an Omega PO 2500 and I immediately started figuring out how to finance a Rolex.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Ipromise likes this.

I know it's trite, but I say the Speedy.

But GOD, the color on the Rolex. /shiver/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information