My first post/watch photos

Thread: My first post/watch photos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture My first post/watch photos

Hello all. I am 19 years old who loves horology. Here are my watches and their roles in my life.

This is a Timex Automatic. My girlfriends mother bought this as a graduation gift. This watch is on my wrist at almost any given time including formal events. It looks very very sharp! I enjoy this watch the most because of the work that some human put into making it. I love the intricate design of the movement. When I first obtained the watch, it's polished hands had finger prints on them, and the inside of the crystal was not "crystal" clear. My watchmaker pulled it apart and cleaned it for me. At the time, it was running 15 seconds slow per day. I have been recently adjusting the movement myself and it now gains 30 seconds per week, using positional error to my advantage. I absolutely cannot get it more accurate than that. I am done adjusting it! I dropped this watch on a hard tile floor, and it still runs perfectly. Other than that, it has not experience any other abuse in it's life.

This is the watch that I wear when I exercise, or whenever I go hiking, swimming, etc. I am a pilot, and I accidently wore this watch on a flight. Thank goodness it had a rotating bezel, otherwise the flight would have been a disaster.

Now this is my pilots watch. This watch is amazing! It's cheap, and has regular time, Greenwich (Zulu) time (all aviation time is reported in Greenwich time) a stopwatch, a backlight, day, date, year, military time, and an alarm with a sleep function!

This watch has been in my family since 1966. My great grandpa lived his life on the rails of the railroad. He was a conductor. After he passed away, his son (my grandpa) obtained it. About 6 months ago, he passed it onto me. He said it was because I am his oldest grandson. This tuning fork watch gains about 1 second per day. It has very beautiful humm to it.

THATS IT! THANKS FOR READING!!

Re: My first post/watch photos

Nice collection

Very nice and classy collection (especially for your age) Love the old Bulova and the tradition behind it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

With airline pilots falling asleep and missing airports nowadays, it's important to have that alarm on your Casio. Wear them all in good health in '09.

Welcome, nice collection i like that Bulova Railroad ALOT! :)

Nice pics.

What good did the rotating bezel do for your flight? Youve got me confused

I like that first Timex btw, very interesting.

Welcome to WUS!

Nice collection there. That Timex with the PR indicator is very attractive I must say.

V8

Welcome to the form, great collection, especially that Bulova. I have my Grandpa's watch, a Gruen autowind bumper, I never wear it but will never sell it.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    What good did the rotating bezel do for your flight? Youve got me confused

I like that first Timex btw, very interesting.

You have to time yourself between checkpoints to calculate your ground speed, so you can calculate how much fuel you have burned or will burn. Also, you need to calculate how far away from the airport you will be when you need to start descending.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information