my first watch...

Thread: my first watch...

my first watch...

hi every one, am new to this forum, i been reading this forum for a few weeks in hope that yall expertise might help me choose the right watch, i never had an actual wristwatch in my life, am 23 now, i just been using the time from my cell phone, but i have dicided to finally buy a nice timepiece. so taking my previous comment into consideration i have this watches in my buying list:

Accutron Gemini 26A09-auto
    Accutron Gemini 26B44-auto
    tissot PR50-auto
    SEIKO Perpetual Calendar Quartz SBQK079
    Citizen Exceed-quartz
    Citizen Chronomaster-quartz

first i was leaning strong to the automatics, because i just like the way they work and love to see the back of them, but after reading the high end quartz forum, i got interested in the seiko perpetual quartz and the citizen, because of the high accuracy they have, i like the clean and classic looking watches eccept for the gemini 26A09. my price range is in the $200 - $500. i'll appreciate any help that i can get thanks....

Re: my first watch...

Welcome to the forum, good luck in your choice, you might want to put up some pics of the watches you are interested in to help us decide which one we want you to get! LOL

I don't think you need any help, you've researched your subject, figured out what you like and narrowed it down to two choices. Next step is easy, buy both

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeler View Post
    I don't think you need any help, you've researched your subject, figured out what you like and narrowed it down to two choices. Next step is easy, buy both
    Thanks to this forum, this is what we are pre-conditioned to believe lol

Good luck and like valvestem said, if you would like more opinions, post some styles you like and I am sure many will respond with great choices! You may end up moving your price range to 800-1400 lol

Banned

For my first watch I would get a Quartz. And then a mechanical, mechanical, mechanical etc. Just be prepared, you might end up like some people in this forum, a watchgeek! Good luck, the hunt is 90% of the pleasure!

I have come close to that seiko several times, other watches keep getting in the way. Very nice looking dress watch, very accurate, be sure to post some pics when you decide, and welcome to the forum.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

i l like the look of the gemini 26a09. it looks great. should make for a great first mechanical. then get a tough looking quartz/auto like a sar or eco-zilla for weekend duty.

considering your choices you could get both and stay in your budget. that way you can get used to an automatic movement, how they work the character the movement has, and also get a accurate well finished quartz.
    also, welcome to watchuseek.

hi welcome to the forum. personally i like the Tissot Pr50 automatic. It has all the pre-requisites for a good start up watch...good brand with heritage, automatic,affordable and is swiss made. you can't go wrong with that at that price level. hope you have enjoyed your hunt.

etch

Welcome to the group! I would lean toward the Accutrons, mainly because I'm fond of my Bulova...but since Citizen just bought the company, you probably wouldn't go wrong with those either... I've had an Eco-Drive on my short list of near-future purchases.

Best thing I could suggest is to go out to the AD and try them on to see which one feels best on your wrist and catches your eye the most, and then make that one your first purchase. Now, here's the important part: don't toss the list away...just check off the one you bought, and work toward buying the rest of them later!

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

Thread Information