My first watch assembly! ETA 2824-2 goodness
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pbankey

Thread: My first watch assembly! ETA 2824-2 goodness

My first watch assembly! ETA 2824-2 goodness

Hey everyone!

I decided a while back that I really wanted to build my own watch from parts. I suppose I was in that stage of not really finding a watch that I liked aesthetically and not being able to afford any watch I did like. Through the help of various posters in this forum, I took the plunge and decided to do my own assembly.

Parts:
    Movement -- Eta 2824-2, sweeping seconds 3h small date
    Hands -- Brageut style, polished to silver (from the original blue they came as)
    Dial -- Numerals with 3h date; cream/silver
    Case -- Otto Frei Case style 1 with Sapphire & Push crown
    Strap -- Black, hirsch mariner 18mm

It was a VERY fun experience, though I did goof up the keyless works and had to rebuild it at one point (always insert the stem correctly, folks!). I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I've got a DeBeer Jubilee-Style solid link bracelet in the mail as well to see how it looks. Also considering engraving the rotor, but not exactly sure how to do that or where to do it....

Full album: Watch Build - Imgur
    TheWraith and Dark_K like this.

Re: My first watch assembly! ETA 2824-2 goodness

Looks great! Although couldn't you have just ordered silver hands? (And I'd have left them blue!!)
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Parts:
    Movement -- Eta 2824-2, sweeping seconds 3h small date
    Hands -- Brageut style, polished to silver (from the original blue they came as)
    Dial -- Numerals with 3h date; cream/silver
    Case -- Otto Frei Case style 1 with Sapphire & Push crown
    Strap -- Black, hirsch mariner 18mm
    Can you tell us how much did all these parts cost?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks really nice! Well done! You must be very proud of your new watch :)

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    Looks great! Although couldn't you have just ordered silver hands? (And I'd have left them blue!!)
    Thanks! I actually got the hands from Otto frei. Though, they had a little but of paint scraped off of them probably from rubbing against another hand during shipment. I originally left it blue but just didn't have the love for it like I did for flame-blued hands. I think this combined with the slight paint scrap pushed me over the edge to strip off the paint :)

Very nice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pbankey View Post
    Thanks! I actually got the hands from Otto frei. Though, they had a little but of paint scraped off of them probably from rubbing against another hand during shipment. I originally left it blue but just didn't have the love for it like I did for flame-blued hands. I think this combined with the slight paint scrap pushed me over the edge to strip off the paint :)
    Did you consider flame bluing them? Here's an example : Gunsmithing - How to Flame Blue Small Gun Parts for a Beautiful Finish - YouTube

Not sure if small watch hands would hold up to that or not...
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Thread Information