WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My grandpas digital pulsar

587 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ray MacDonald 
#1 ·
i dont know much about this watch besides i loved it when i was young and my gpa bought it on a cruise in the early 80's. He gave it to me today and its still a pretty cool old watch but no clue how to set it

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
That module looks to be the same as the Seiko A159 series. If you haven't found setting instructions yet, try this:
1) to set the time, press the lower left button 3 times (the seconds should now be flashing, indicating you're in setting mode)
2) use the upper right button to scroll thru the digits you want to set; use the lower right button to make those changes
3) press the lower left button once more to finish and return to the time display

To set the alarm:
1) press the lower left button 2 times, then follow 2) and 3) above.

Hope this helps!

~Sherry.

#5 ·
vintage led's and lcd's can be a nightmare to work out how they set without original handbook or advice - they are so random and varied -no doubt your grandad will know - these were the watches of that era for us 'oldun's' - and of course £20 or whatever was not an insignificant amount then --nice one my friend -look after it -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.