My humble collection and rant....

Thread: My humble collection and rant....

My humble collection and rant....

Hi everyone,

Here is a picture of my small collection. I'm trying to build a collection that is diverse and includes watches that are a "good" value. I'm awaiting the March arrival of my Kobold SOA and I'm considering buying an IWC Portofino. Ultimately, I would like to close out my collection with the purchase of a Rolex Sea Dweller.

Getting married in December 2007 therefore the watch collecting will come to an end. (sure)

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to enjoying the watches I own. I'll need to stop purchasing more watches to do so. I was recently at a restaurant for dinner and noticed this older gentleman probably in his 80s wearing a vintage Rolex Sub and thought how cool that was. I'm looking forward to being 80 and wearing my Doxa as I fish or dive knowing that I've owned it for 50 years.

Life is good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

stuffler,mike

Re: My humble collection and rant....

Nice collection

Very nice collection for sure!!!!

Stephen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice "quality" collection! Who are you trying to kid? You won't stop collecting after your marriage. You'll just go "underground" with it! If my wife knew I had almost 50 watches and that those purchases could have financed things like, wood floor refinishing, new wood railings on the steps, landscaping in the front in the rear of the house, uh oh, here she comes...
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

The best way is to buy your significant other a new watch from time to time also. That way they may be more amenable

Very nice. Maybe pick up a rolex or cartier for the lady? My grandfather is like this, he only has a few very nice watches but they are very old. I'm to receive his elgin pocketwatch (not the rolex sadly)
    Invicta 8926
    clebar
    alsta

Nice collection, and nice future targets.. keep the wife involved and supporting your hobby ...
    Cheers,

Q
    OMEGA 2234.50
    BENARUS Moray I
    SEIKO 6105-8119
    SEIKO SNM033
    ROLEX 1625
    TAG HEUER F1 WA1211

First of all, congratulations on your impending nupituals. As someone who was married in 2006, I can tell you quite emphatically that your watch collecting needn't come to an end just because you decided to throw your life awa... uh... I mean, bind yourself in holy matrimony to the woman you love -- you simply need to be more creative in how you approach your hobby.

First and foremost, you need to create milestones in your life that require a fine watch to commemorate. In my case, I was able to parlay open-heart surgery and the birth of my son into two watches (a Kobold SEAL and Panerai 112, respectively). Now this may seem a bit extreme, but when dealing with a woman such as my wife, it's necessary. Hopefully your intended isn't quite as tough a nut to crack as my ball & chain, thus allowing you to sneak some pieces in without having to undergo invasive surgery (perhaps you could manage an ingrown toenail that requires a bit of knife work to mend...?). Of course, it goes without saying that your marriage requires her to purchase a watch for you (I swung the Ball Hydrocarbon upon our engagement).

In anycase, good luck with the SOA -- Kobold makes some terrific watches, I can tell you (I wanted one, but was told that if I went for it, the 112 was verboten).

Regards,
    Adam
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Very nice collection! Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    First of all, congratulations on your impending nupituals. As someone who was married in 2006, I can tell you quite emphatically that your watch collecting needn't come to an end just because you decided to throw your life awa... uh... I mean, bind yourself in holy matrimony to the woman you love -- you simply need to be more creative in how you approach your hobby.

First and foremost, you need to create milestones in your life that require a fine watch to commemorate. In my case, I was able to parlay open-heart surgery and the birth of my son into two watches (a Kobold SEAL and Panerai 112, respectively). Now this may seem a bit extreme, but when dealing with a woman such as my wife, it's necessary. Hopefully your intended isn't quite as tough a nut to crack as my ball & chain, thus allowing you to sneak some pieces in without having to undergo invasive surgery (perhaps you could manage an ingrown toenail that requires a bit of knife work to mend...?). Of course, it goes without saying that your marriage requires her to purchase a watch for you (I swung the Ball Hydrocarbon upon our engagement).

In anycase, good luck with the SOA -- Kobold makes some terrific watches, I can tell you (I wanted one, but was told that if I went for it, the 112 was verboten).

Regards,
    Adam
    Adam,

Such a great post. I can't recall ever receiving better advice. Perhaps we should start a new forum dedicated to dealing with wives. Again, thanks for the post because I really needed a laugh today.:thanks

Kind regards,

Thread Information