From my inbox: Moshe Dayan watch 1970s >>>

Thread: From my inbox: Moshe Dayan watch 1970s >>>

Question From my inbox: Moshe Dayan watch 1970s >>>

hello,sorry to bother you, but i have this watch and have been told it's very rare and could be worth something. i was hoping you could give me more information about this watch cant find any on the internet. thanks jane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

stuffler,mike

Re: From my inbox: Moshe Dayan watch 1970s >>>

Well, I wouldn´t pay a cent, love the Mickey Mouse watches of the 70ties more.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchUseek Admin
    hello,sorry to bother you, but i have this watch and have been told it's very rare and could be worth something. i was hoping you could give me more information about this watch cant find any on the internet. thanks jane
    Nice watch! Its a keeper and it has a unique combination of Arabic and Hebrew numerals. I'm not sure but it could be an Israeli made watch. Your best bet is to take this watch to a jeweler in Israel. They can tell you about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NormanF
    Nice watch! Its a keeper and it has a unique combination of Arabic and Hebrew numerals.
    It's not Arabic but letters in Hebrew. The digits are 12,3,6 and 9. And the other ones are letters in Hebrew which represent digits. e.g. the fifth letter in Hebrew stands for 5 o'clock. The 10th letter in Hebrew stands for 10 o'clock and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi1
    It's not Arabic but letters in Hebrew. The digits are 12,3,6 and 9. And the other ones are letters in Hebrew which represent digits. e.g. the fifth letter in Hebrew stands for 5 o'clock. The 10th letter in Hebrew stands for 10 o'clock and so on.
    I stand corrected. If its a quartz watch, chances are good yours was made by Adi Watches at Kibbutz Yavne in Israel. They make quartz watches, including speciality watches used in the IDF.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanF
    I stand corrected. If its a quartz watch, chances are good yours was made by Adi Watches at Kibbutz Yavne in Israel. They make quartz watches, including speciality watches used in the IDF.
    NormanF, the watch of Moshe Dayan is from Windert watches. It's some kind of memorabilia one. You can type Windert watches in google pictures and you will get couple of watches in that style.

Adi Watches was established in 1984 and I think that the Moshe Dayan watch is from the late 60's and Adi Watches does only professional watches and not memorabilia ones.

Adi Watches produce a single watch only for the Israeli Air Force graduates and this is the watch that the pilots are getting:

AFAIK the pilots want to come back to Omega, Seiko or Brietling.

Regarding other units in the IDF, well, the graduets of the Air Force rescue unit are getting G-Shock.

The Naval commando got Eterna KonTiki in the 70's:

Later on they got Seiko 150/200 Divers but nowdays they are getting Seiko Kinetic.

Before I got to the G-Shock forum (I merely knew about G-Shocks) I wanted to buy that watch of Adi:

But now I think I'll go for G-Shock.

All The Best
    Andi1
    Last edited by Andi1; August 26th, 2006 at 18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi1
    NormanF, the watch of Moshe Dayan is from Windert watches. It's some kind of memorabilia one. You can type Windert watches in google pictures and you will get couple of watches in that style.

Adi Watches was established in 1984 and I think that the Moshe Dayan watch is from the late 60's and Adi Watches does only professional watches and not memorabilia ones.

Adi Watches produce a single watch only for the Israeli Air Force graduates and this is the watch that the pilots are getting:

AFAIK the pilots want to come back to Omega, Seiko or Brietling.

Regarding other units in the IDF, well, the graduets of the Air Force rescue unit are getting G-Shock.

The Naval commando got Eterna KonTiki in the 70's:

Later on they got Seiko 150/200 Divers but nowdays they are getting Seiko Kinetic.

Before I got to the G-Shock forum (I merely knew about G-Shocks) I wanted to buy that watch of Adi:

But now I think I'll go for G-Shock.

All The Best
    Andi1
    I am so wrong! I would have figured, given Moshe Dayan's fame, they would have produced the watch in Israel as a tribute. The 60s rather than than the 80s? I'm getting out of practice.... and as for Adi, its still a good brand. It may be the only watch brand in Israel that is widely known but its collectable... unlike the G-Shock you said you're going for. Your friends will never believe yours is Israeli. Surprise them for a change!

Thread Information