My intro...and SOTC

Thread: My intro...and SOTC

TMW

My intro...and SOTC

Hey all...Thought it was about time to "come out" into the Kobold world, and stop lurking. Yes the first thing is to admit that you have a problem and here it is. I am a big Kobold fan - a Koboldoholic...and not only that a watch nut. So let me tell you how it started and where it has gone...

Went out with the wife for an anniversary present (4 years), and found a jewelry store in Manayunk PA (I live outside of Philly) and saw my first Kobold. December 30. Didnt find the present, but found mine (and it always seems to cost me). Ordered an SOA on the 31st before went out for the evening. And that was the beginning. So after searching high and low, talking to several of the people on the forum got into the Kobold big and hard. So here is the collection...

So here is the list and some running commentary...left to right, top to bottom...

Endurance A - When you start collecting you start from the basics and the beginning...Circa 1999

SS Seal - on SS band - there just isnt anymore I can add. A big watch, a big feel, a big look, and comfort all in the same package. Images just dont do it justice

Endurance II - Colors just great. Great overall package for the price and dresses up and down.

SMG-1 - Nothing else out there. Very light in titanium - from the operator's package with the pelican case and zulu band. Of all the watches, my wife's second favorite (second to the subby, but more on that later)

Polar Explorer Sir Ranulph - I would like to think I created the trend of the PS on a nato g10 (just like the new kobold website). This is probably my personal favorite - although flip a coin with the Phantom. Lots to look at, play with, and draws the most attention and comments. Very hard to find, and got very lucky. May one day change the bezel to a ss with black numbers, but looks way to good.

Phantom - Toss up with the PS. My new daily wearer. At first, I thought I would go to all white hands and have them mod - but after wearing the orange hands are signature.

Seiko Automatic - my sentimental watch. Had since 1982. Been down 110 feet. Dove with me in lava shoots off of Maui. Used to hammer in nails in my college fraternity days. Still works - and the first big size watch. Always on a rubber strap.

Omega Bond - what can I say.

Rolex Subby "F" Serial - my wife's overall favorite, well because she got it for me as an engagement present (not a bad way to start). She still made out better. My daily wearer up until the Kobold bug hit.

So that is about it! Cant wait to start in with the conversations...

Todd
    "TMW"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My intro...and SOTC

Todd,

First of all, welcome to the baord. Secondly, welcome to the board with a big bang! An amazing collection and congratulations to you for having so many beautiful timepieces.

And I think that you'll enjoy the easy-going and collegial atmosphere of this sub-board. It's a whole lot of fun.

Best regards,

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

Holy cow man.

Take a breath.

Exhale, slowly.

Don't rush it.

Everything will be okay.

Congrats on your recent foray into Kobold. You're an animal; just an animal. :)

conorb

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome and WOW...What a great Collection.
    Al
    Al G.
    "I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while." ....Carl Spackler

Kobold Seal
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Panerai PAM 24
    Rolex Sea Dweller
    Seiko "Tuna Can" 300M
    Seiko MarineMaster Kinetic Direct Drive SBDD003

Wow,

What a collection....I'm outside of Philly, so someday we will have to meet down in Manayunk for some watch oogling and coffee..

Wow!
    That is some collection.
    Did you find all of those pieces second hand?
    You've been busy.

Look what I started.

man, that's a nice group!

Like you, I got into Kobold via their older generation of watches: back then I had a bunch of Sinns and found that Sinn was also making watches for some company called Kobold.
    Enjoy those beauts!
    DW

Wow,

Welcome. I don't think you could photoshop a collection that nice!
    Chris

Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. Larry the Cable Guy

Great collection!

Steve

Firstly welcome,secondly WOW!!!!

That sir is a superb collection

Martin
    Rolex ceramic sub
    Breitling B1
    Ennebi Fondale