My latest ? an exotic chrono diver
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: My latest ? an exotic chrono diver

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My latest – an exotic chrono diver

I’m back at it. Picked up an unusual diver and I am enjoying wearing this one as much as anything I’ve ever owned. I am really loving this one.

Exquisite case work, all in house movement, its a bit unusual but that goes without saying. Large of course (45mm). 200m water resistant with pushers that can be actuated at depth. The color worried me but it has not been a problem.

Don’t like that the movement is modular, though the base and the module are both completely made in house. The touch on the start button is a little light, sometimes I need to check if I started it, sometimes I think I started it and I did not. But I like this watch too much for these things to bother me much. The bracelet is out of this world (and I’ve owned sport watches with bracelets by AP, Vacheron, IWC, JLC, Panerai, and Glashutte Original). The first link of the bracelet fits between the lugs has screws that go tighten into the lug's spring bar hole, then a steel plate sets into the link and prevents the screws from loosening. Virtually impossible for the bracelet come off this watch. It is more secure than the bracelet on my Panerai 209, and these two watches stand above everything else I've ever seen. The bracelet has that feel I think of as “liquid steel” where the tolerances are so fine it almost feels like a solid piece of metal that flexes, and the large rubber pushers are the most comfortable I have ever pressed.

Some pictures. My wife really doesn’t care about my watches so I am sharing with you ….

Thanks for looking. A brand you don’t see too often.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary123; November 6th, 2016 at 17:38.
    tiki5698, EnderW, bjjkk and 11 others like this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Re: My latest – an exotic chrono diver

Very impressive timepiece from a brand I'd never heard of...until now.

Thanks for sharing with those who share your passion!
    Gary123 likes this.

Cool watch and not something seen often. I've handled Parmigiani dress watches and the finish was superb. Even though this one is a diver - the attention to detail is impressive - combining tool watch style with dressy finishes and flourishes.
    Congrats and enjoy
    Gary123 likes this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations, I'm glad you're enjoying your new watch. But, I guess the best thing I can say here is that it's pretty cool that you and I can both be watch enthusiasts yet have polar opposite opinions on a given watch. I have to ask, what is with the logo on the crystal covering one of the subdials?
    Gary123 likes this.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Me likes !

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that monogram etched onto the bottom of the crystal.

The selection of lilac dials were limited on the secondary market. I intend to replace that crystal. This watch was given to each of the 40 members and coaching staff of the French National soccer team. Someone put theirs up for sale and I bought it. I would prefer to see the running seconds hand, but the monogram doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I have been collecting watches for almost 50 years. I'm tired of all the same old same olds. I did the Rolex thing for 25 years and now I don't care much for watches that I see everywhere I go. I also don't do dress watches - although I own one that is pretty close. Mostly I find myself enjoying watches that are unusual. You probably go for anything Rolex and would like an Omega Speedmaster, like many of the folks around here. I am the odd man out around here with my watch tastes.
    Last edited by Gary123; October 21st, 2016 at 04:07.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Very unusual. I love the hands. I know the brand has a reputation for producing top-quality watches. Enjoy!
    Gary123 likes this.

Wonderful acquisition, Gary. A great house, one I've had the privilege of visiting in Fleurier - and also owning a few examples of their marvelous craftsmanship. Enjoy!

Name:  Parmigiani 1.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  Parmigiani 2.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  Wed 44.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  161.8 KB

Name:  Wed 45.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  154.9 KB

Name:  Wed 12.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  233.6 KB
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention that monogram etched onto the bottom of the crystal.

The selection of lilac dials were limited on the secondary market. I intend to replace that crystal. This watch was given to each of the 40 members and coaching staff of the French National soccer team. Someone put theirs up for sale and I bought it. I would prefer to see the running seconds hand, but the monogram doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I have been collecting watches for almost 50 years. I'm tired of all the same old same olds. I did the Rolex thing for 25 years and now I don't care much for watches that I see everywhere I go. I also don't do dress watches - although I own one that is pretty close. Mostly I find myself enjoying watches that are unusual. You probably go for anything Rolex and would like an Omega Speedmaster, like many of the folks around here. I am the odd man out around here with my watch tastes.
    Ah, cool story behind the emblem on the crystal at least. I'd want to see that running seconds dial too though.

You certainly know your own mind, and you darn sure succeeded in picking up an uncommon watch. Enjoy.
    Gary123 likes this.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Quote Originally Posted by Stoshman View Post
    Wonderful acquisition, Gary. A great house, one I've had the privilege of visiting in Fleurier - and also owning a few examples of their marvelous craftsmanship. Enjoy!

Name:  Parmigiani 1.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  Parmigiani 2.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  Wed 44.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  161.8 KB

Name:  Wed 45.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  154.9 KB
    Phenomenal pieces.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information