My Latest Project

Thread: My Latest Project

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Latest Project

Just thought I would post some pics of my latest project. I finally feel like it is complete. I tried different dials as experiments but kept coming back to this one. 40mm case from Orange Watch Co. Dial from Helenarou, hands from Motorcity Watch Works. Lum on both is fantastic. ETA 2824 movement. Ceramic Bezel.

DBis
    The Past:
    Steinhart Ocean 1, Zeno Big Numeral Pilot, Sieko 6309 7040 Soxa, Tissot Seastar, Luminox EVO, Chase Durer 7750 Chrono, dlb Custom Pilot, dlb Custom Pespi Diver, Boschett Cave Dweller 1, Hamilton Khaki Navy, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, Swiss Military Chrono Diver, dlb Custom Diver (PO), dlb Custom Snowflake Diver, dlb Custom Pilot #2, Black Monster Mod, dlb Custom Cushion Yellow, Seiko Blumo, Bulova 7750 Square Dress, Victronox Deep Sea Custom, Steinhart Ocean 44 GMT "COKE",

The Present:
    Navitimer Silver/Silver Croc Strap, Hamilton Cushion Dress, Delma Blue Dress Diver, Seiko “Blumo” Pepsi

The Future:
    Doxa, ???

Re: My Latest Project

very nice, good job
    cheers

Pretty cool. Got pics of the other dials?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

SBD

Looks excellent! Nice choices on the different components and the result really works. Good job!

Just out of curiosity, why not by from Helenarou which sells the ceramic watchcase and MCCW sells the dial and hands? Good job BTW~Cheers!

Banned

That looks great! Dan's case looks like a good thing - any chance of profile shots (crown sde and other side), and a caseback shot?

Be careful with that bezel pip! These cases were prototypes and the bezel, which looks fantastic in ceramic, has the pip sitting up a bit higher than one would expect. I accidentally hit mine against a door frame this past summer and knocked the pip right off the bezel.

Luckily, I found the pip and used a diamond bit on a dremel to slightly enlarge the pip hole and then re-glued the pip so it now sits almost flush with the ceramic surface. This has been rectified in Dan's production watch cases.

To answer the previous poster's question about sourcing the case from Helenarou - my reason was OWC's cases are more water resistant than others. OWC does not pressure test their prototype cases like they do with their production cases, but others have tested these cases to 70 meters, the limit of their machine. If water resistance is not a concern, then there are any number of sources for similar cases. OWC is just a very trustworthy vendor and I have confidence in their product to be as advertised (that confidence is worth a premium to me).

Nice watch!

BTW - a quick and painless way to remove the bezel insert that I've used in the past is silicone spray. Silicone will not harm the rubber seals like oils will and, when sprayed onto the bezel it loosens the glue so the bezel insert can be gently pulled off the bezel. Be gentle with the ceramic as it is very hard, but very brittle.

Good question on the OWC case/helenarou dial. I have purchased a number of dials from epay, ofrei ... but was not totally happy with them. I got this one from helenarou as an experiment on the lume and I have to say it is great. For a serile dial i am very happy with it. I also had a hard time finding the snowflake dial that I liked. As far as the case goes. OWC is first rate. If you know or have delt with Dan he has been throught he mill with his production pieces but keeps his chin up and is FANTASTIC to deal with. His cases are a better quality than helenarou's too. The fit/finish, beveled edge along the lugs just looks great. If you like a 40mm case, this is one you should look at.

dlb
    DBis
    The Past:
    Steinhart Ocean 1, Zeno Big Numeral Pilot, Sieko 6309 7040 Soxa, Tissot Seastar, Luminox EVO, Chase Durer 7750 Chrono, dlb Custom Pilot, dlb Custom Pespi Diver, Boschett Cave Dweller 1, Hamilton Khaki Navy, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, Swiss Military Chrono Diver, dlb Custom Diver (PO), dlb Custom Snowflake Diver, dlb Custom Pilot #2, Black Monster Mod, dlb Custom Cushion Yellow, Seiko Blumo, Bulova 7750 Square Dress, Victronox Deep Sea Custom, Steinhart Ocean 44 GMT "COKE",

The Present:
    Navitimer Silver/Silver Croc Strap, Hamilton Cushion Dress, Delma Blue Dress Diver, Seiko “Blumo” Pepsi

The Future:
    Doxa, ???

Good job and thank god you didn't use Mercedes hands! (Yeah, I know it's personal taste but I just hate them, except on a Rolex, were they belong) Enjoy and wear it in good health!
    ~ Daniel ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information