My latest wild one: Angular Momentum's Beryllium Diver Magnus
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: My latest wild one: Angular Momentum's Beryllium Diver Magnus

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sorry I took a while to post this. It took some time to take the right pictures, write this, and of course the details of life ...

So, to state the obvious here, this watch is wildly creative, even ridiculous, and could be considered more art than wristwatch. Few will like it, even fewer will buy one, and if you call it gross or hallucinogenic, it pokes fun at you. That's the way art is.

But in spite of its audacious design and substantial physical presence, this is a very competent field watch. It is highly legible in daylight /low light and /no light. Few watches will do that. The bi-directional bezel has a bright pip in the head of the bolt (on the bezel face) that tightens to secure the bezel. The case is at least 200m water resistant. This watch can also be worn on either wrist due to the absence of a fixed "12:00" dial marker. The bezel pip may be set for 12:00 or used as a timer. I hit one doorway in three days.

The Band: The band on this watch does an extraordinary job anchoring the mass of this timepiece, but was challenging to set up and is difficult to put. But once on, it is nothing short of amazing. It is quite unusual: a thick, gummy, stretchy, gooey, tough, rubber-like material that is difficult to push the two bronze pins through to secure the band. I need a tool to put the watch on, something flat like a metal ruler or perhaps a coin or fingernail file to slip behind the band when I press down on the pins. Wasn't so easy the first few times. Would be quite difficult without a proper tool.

I wore this for three straight days to get to know it. It was fun. I wore it to the gym, the office, and out to dinner with friends. Nobody knew what to make of it. A woman at work ran to the phone to call a friend. One man screamed.

At the end of the 60 hours of wearing this watch, I wanted to wear something small and inconspicuous, and had a small anxiety attack when I realized I don't have anything like that. Another excuse to buy something - but it would be quartz.

Enough chatter.

First, the obligatory wrist shot. As I said in one of the WRUW threads, here I am on my deck, watching the sunset, drinking a cold one.

The rest are just for fun.

Last edited by Gary123; March 25th, 2013 at 18:26.
    Doboji, WnS, tiger roach and 2 others like this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Re: My latest wild one: Angular Momentum's Beryllium Diver Magnus

Isn't beryllium toxic?
    WnS likes this.

WnS

Even the steampunk club would find that ridiculous.
    CCCP likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dude, I fricking LOVE it... I mean LOVE it. Like you said it's a piece of art.... noone will get it if they're looking for a simple... watch. Good on you for having the guts to go for it, where few have the testicular fortitude to follow.
    Gary123 and s.erickson87 like this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    Dude, I fricking LOVE it... I mean LOVE it. Like you said it's a piece of art.... noone will get it if they're looking for a simple... watch. Good on you for having the guts to go for it, where few have the testicular fortitude to follow.
    Dude, some of us upon viewing that monster are experiencing testicular withdrawal. Is that the same malady?

Quote Originally Posted by brashboy View Post
    Dude, some of us upon viewing that monster are experiencing testicular withdrawal. Is that the same malady?
    Different.

You don't have it.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

LOL!

I fall into the category of "Like it, but not enough to buy it"

Will
    Gary123 likes this.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_f View Post
    I fall into the category of "Like it, but my testicles are too small to buy it"

Will
    Fixed. I also fall into that category. But I will use the inspiration to get way the heck out of my comfort zone more often.
    Will_f and Gary123 like this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Is it available with a thicker bezel and a lot of lume?
    ljb187, GETS and skorN83 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information