WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My new Baume et Mercier after problems with JomaShop! Check it out

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Kangwan 
#1 · (Edited)
Getting this watch to work was a pain.

I ordered it from Jomashop and they never sent me a refund letter so it was impossible for me to send it back but when I actually received it, the barcode or so had an expiry date making it once again impossible for me to send it from Switzerland to the US within that time period and I did not want my watch to get lost in case it arrives too late.

In the end I just sent it to Baume Et Mercier and got it fixed for CHF600

Here's the picture I took of the beautiful watch which I am oh so happy with

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#6 ·
OP - I'm not 100% clear as to what happened from your post? What was wrong with it (as in symptoms, even if you are not sure what was repaired)?
Did it have problems on arrival or develop them after some time?

There are multiple threads on dealing w Jomashop and GM in general. If a watch has an immediate defect - return\replace it. If it gets an issue later - repair it using own watchmaker\OEM SC. GM servicing\warranty is worthless. And usually that is fine as the savings are huge.

Did you but this one at Jomashop Black Friday Sale? If so, would it not be 50% off MSRP, even when including extra $600 for repair?

#7 ·
The watch worked for 30 minutes after taking it out of the box but then suddenly stopped. There was also something loose inside.

To return my product it said that the product has to be returned within a certain amount of time but I cannot ship my watch from here to the US in that short amount of time, it would just take way too long.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Congrats on the watch. Sorry you had so much trouble before you got it. I have the silver dial Capeland and can honestly say they look so much better in person. For some reason, the pictures never capture the true beauty of seeing it in person. I get more comments on it than my IWC, Omega, JLC's etc.

#21 ·
The cynic in me thinks it would be quite easy to unload defective merchandise to customers outside of conus for the very reason it's a PITA to return. Hope that's not the case but...

Enjoy you B&M, fine timepiece and I'm sure you came out ahead even with the service costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I've been considering the exact same model, so good to hear you're happy with it. Of course, I've also been considering buying it from Jomashop...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.