Is my new Brietling Colt Chronometer too big? - Page 5
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Is my new Brietling Colt Chronometer too big?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Is my new Brietling Colt Chronometer too big?

Way too big...you should pass it over to someone with a big ol 8" wrist...oh wait...I have an 8" wrist....just sayin"
    kostasd87 and Igorek like this.
    Time is relative.

First two pictures, I thought 'Nope.' But, the full-length shot proved that it wears well enough. I think the 42 would be ideal, but I'd roll with it.
    Last edited by georgegervin44; October 9th, 2017 at 04:04.

I think it's fine. It's not a formal wear-type watch anyway - and it's really nice. Keep it!
    Edox / Omega / Rolex / Tag Heuer / Hamilton / Eterna

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That looks much too big to my eyes... sorry
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

What amazes me is that this troll has gotten 5 pages of attention.

Mark

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by flathead59 View Post

Mark
    Why are you calling him a troll?
    soaking.fused and Bronte like this.
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

- Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    - Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-7A2JF
    - Longines Flagship Chronograph
    - Omega Geneve
    - Seiko Premier SKP391P1
    - Tissot PR50 Automatic

If you have to ask....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing gift and amazing parents. You are lucky to have them (both). I suspect you already know the answer to your question, or you wouldn't have posted here. IMO, the perfect sized watch is one that complements your forearm/wrist. If you're going to err in either direction, you will either have an arm that makes your watch look small, or a watch that makes your arm look small. The choice of which of these two alternatives you find more/less acceptable is up to you. Take a look at these two photos:
    Name:  small.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  large.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  58.4 KB

If maintaining a sense of proportion between a watch and the man wearing it is something you value, ask yourself just two questions:
    1) Which combination shown above strikes a better balance?
    2) Which combination more closely resembles how you look wearing your Brietling?

If proportionality is something you don't care about, just go with whatever works for you.

FWIW, I'm 6'2" and 200+ with wrists roughly 30% larger than yours, and the vast majority of my 50+ watches of are b/w 36 and 42mm.
    Last edited by Purple Hayz; October 9th, 2017 at 09:02.
    GBNova and pinkybrain like this.

Technically speaking it's probably too big for you, but I have to say it looks pretty good. Don't know how old you are but I assume you still have some growing to do so there is probably a good chance you will grow into it.

Quote Originally Posted by atdegs View Post
    If you think 40mm is too small on a 6.25" wrist, we obviously have different tastes and I'll keep my opinion to myself.
    I guess i just had been getting used to a face of 44mm - i do like 40mm.

Quote Originally Posted by vujen View Post
    Man, OF COURSE you can wear whatever you want. That's not the point, nobody pointed at you, you asked for some "advice". My advice is that with that size you can only wear it while running or biking or... well, you understand. 40mm is a Rolex Submariner (or other sporty Rolex), for your body size is the perfection. I would love to have your wrist to wear the, (I've 5" wrist). This watch IMO is too big for 99% of the things you can do in your life.
    The point is: everybody is free do to everything, more or less.
    Elegance has its rules. And rules are rules. :) These are just my 2 cents.
    5'' jeez that does limit you a bit - i thought mine did. However you are able to wear all the smaller end watches that look ridiculous on big wirsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Since you asked, I assume you think it might be too big. It is up to you to ultimately decide. If you compromise your feelings because others tell you it is fine you will never be happy with it. Some here will say yes, and some will say no. It is really an issue of personal taste. The big watch trend being what it is, half of the people out there wear large watches as a fashion statements and they look fine. You have a few things going for you. First, you are young and you can pull off the big watch better than someone much older trying to look cool. They end up looking ridiculous. Second, this is a sporty watch and it should be a bit on the big side. Third, this is a watch for a lifetime and while your wrist will not get bigger, in time the rest of you probably will so even if the big watch trend goes away your relative size may offset the watch a bit. Finally, many times the bracelet makes the watch look much bigger. You may want to consider putting it on a nice leather strap. This will reduce the overall size a bit. Google "Brietlng Colt Chrono on leather" and check out the images. You will see a myriad of options that reduce the look a bit. Of course, you can always tell your parents you feel it is too big. If it isn't too late you can return it and buy a different watch that you feel is more appropriate for you. At this price point there will be many choices.
    Thanks for the solid advice :)

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    It’s perhaps a bit on the big side for you but let me ask you this. You’re clearly chuffed to bits about it so does it really matter if it’s a bit big on you? The key word here is “bit” - it’s not a “lot” big on you but a “bit” big.
    It is literally on the edge of whether its too big - the lug to lug is ever so slightly bigger than my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    It's a nice looking watch. However the answer to your question can only come from you. If it can be worn comfortably loose, doesn't slide much on your wrist and when you glance down you like what you see then it fits.
    Hmm the face does slide down as in you hold your wrist up and it slides slightly (becuase its fairly heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by kostasd87 View Post
    I think it looks too big. 40mm would be better for your wrist.

You should also consider:
    1. If you give that much money on your single good watch, you should be able to wear it on all/most occasions. This is not the case with this watch.
    2. A watch at this price point is a watch for a lifetime. Will you be able to sport it when 40yo?
    3. The huge watch trend is almost over (thankfully). It is a matter of 5 years for 44+mm watches to become a thing of the past (personal belief).

I have a 7.3 inch flat wrist, 6,1ft, I am more muscular than you, and never go beyond 42mm myself. Nevertheless, I remember that when I first joined the forums I was a big fan of chronographs and Breitling.
    Bottom line I suggest you return it, get the credit and use some time to refine your taste by reading the forums.

BTW, welcome to WUS!
    Kostas

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Solid advice thank you Kostas

Quote Originally Posted by Perseverence View Post
    How on earth is this contradicting? Either follow rules for crown and wrist sizes or just wear it and don't care. It's not rocket science.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Well its quite obvious what i meant if i go to you - "you shouldnt wear something under 39mm" and then say..."but wear what you want". Youve given rules but then said there arnt any :) - i guess they are guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTOG View Post
    Way too big...you should pass it over to someone with a big ol 8" wrist...oh wait...I have an 8" wrist....just sayin"
    DPD or UPS? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by flathead59 View Post

Mark
    Mark, check yourself and move on from this thread..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information