My new GS...
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: My new GS...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Member reptile2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    74

    My new GS...

    Some pics of my new GS, the 50th anniversary edition of the 1964 Self Dater model where a few of the features which are now GS standard began


    And my other Grand Seiko's!


  2. #2
    Member Domo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,321

    Re: My new GS...



    My SBGJ005 says



    Now, where's the spring drive??
    geoffbot, adi4, Steppy and 5 others like this.

  3. #3
    Member geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    17,054

    Re: My new GS...

    It really annoys me when people be like 'got a new Grand Seiko yesterday' (or any expensive piece) - no big backstory, decision-making process - so frickin blasé.

    Nice watch
    GlennO, lvt, jsw41 and 2 others like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member DustinC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    618

    Re: My new GS...

    Be-au-ti-ful!

  6. #5
    Member Kluber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,682

    Re: My new GS...

    Looks great!

    Wear in good health, mine says hi, hammie, and all that jazz. ; )
    Me116, GlennO, Steppy and 1 others like this.

  7. #6
    Member reptile2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    74

    Re: My new GS...

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    It really annoys me when people be like 'got a new Grand Seiko yesterday' (or any expensive piece) - no big backstory, decision-making process - so frickin blasé.

    Nice watch
    You are right, it does sound that way although that's not what I wanted. Truth is, there is some story behind this purchase, as it was quite difficult to get the piece in Spain, where I live. It came from a dealer in Japan, through Seiko's distributor in Madrid. It was a difficult decision too, as this is the first quartz in my collection and I am more a mechanical / hand wound fan. But the historical significance of the piece tipped the scales in the end: the first GS with date indication, the first one with sunburst dial, the first one with Zaratsu polishing... All of which later became GS common traits. This is in a sense the piece that started the modern GS line. Of course, the original had wound model would have been my preference, but that is, alas, beyond my reach...

  8. #7
    Member Kluber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,682

    My new GS...

    Quote Originally Posted by reptile2 View Post
    You are right, it does sound that way although that's not what I wanted. Truth is, there is some story behind this purchase, as it was quite difficult to get the piece in Spain, where I live. It came from a dealer in Japan, through Seiko's distributor in Madrid. It was a difficult decision too, as this is the first quartz in my collection and I am more a mechanical / hand wound fan. But the historical significance of the piece tipped the scales in the end: the first GS with date indication, the first one with sunburst dial, the first one with Zaratsu polishing... All of which later became GS common traits. This is in a sense the piece that started the modern GS line. Of course, the original had wound model would have been my preference, but that is, alas, beyond my reach...
    I think g-bot was just being sarcastic in regards to another thread started today on WUS (as was I in my earlier post).

    Thanks for sharing and posting pics. Lovely purchase.
    Last edited by Kluber; October 19th, 2014 at 15:36.

  9. #8
    Member reptile2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    74

    Re: My new GS...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kluber View Post
    I think g-bot was just being sarcastic in regards to another thread started today on WUS.

    Thanks for sharing and posting pics. Lovely purchase.
    I missed that other thread... but he was right with respect to mine too!

  10. #9
    Member geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    17,054

    Re: My new GS...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kluber View Post
    I think g-bot was just being sarcastic in regards to another thread started today on WUS (as was I in my earlier post).

    Thanks for sharing and posting pics. Lovely purchase.
    Actually I was being serious! I exaggerated my annoyance but my sentiment stands. Jealousy, I suppose! I need a better job and more money
    adi4, birdynamnam and Kluber like this.

  11. #10
    Member Kluber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,682

    Re: My new GS...

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Actually I was being serious! I exaggerated my annoyance but my sentiment stands. Jealousy, I suppose! I need a better job and more money
    Haha..sorry to speak for you then!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •