My New Watch Will Appear in 2012 the movie!

Thread: My New Watch Will Appear in 2012 the movie!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up My New Watch Will Appear in 2012 the movie!

Just bought my Mark XVI last week and recently found out that it will be appearing on 2012! How cool is this?!, lol. I'm definitely going to see this film, not just to see my watch but I've always been into the apocalyptic genre

my thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=323194

"In Roland Emmerich’s new action film “2012″, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar brings a global cataclysm that threatens the survival of the human race. John Cusack stars as Jackson Curtis, an IWC owner who uses his Mark XVI pilot’s watch as collateral to secure seats on a small plane, saving himself and his family.

Commenting on the partnership, Benoit de Clerck, President of IWC North America said, “In each of his films, and especially in 2012, Roland Emmerich has shown not only an impressive skill for story, but also incredible technical capabilities to realize the visual effects he’s envisioned. IWC shares his passion for innovation, precision, fine details, and craftsmanship, so we’re thrilled to play a role in the film and support its release.”

Apocalypse and sweeping special effects are Emmerich’s forte – he directed “Independence Day” and he produced “The Day After Tomorrow”. “2012″ also stars Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, and Wood Harrelson. The film is directed by Roland Emmerich and written by Roland Emmerich & Harald Kloser. The film is produced by Harald Kloser, Mark Gordon, and Larry Franco. “2012″ opens November 13.
    "

source: Mike Disher, Watch Time, http://www.watchtime.com/2009/10/iwc...ich-film-2012/

- IWC Classic Pilot's Mark XVI
    - Omega 300M Bond Seamaster Chronometer
    - Calibre de Cartier SS
    - Corum Admiral's Cup 41mm

Re: My New Watch Will Appear in 2012 the movie!

wasn't this one on tom cruise's wrist in vanilla sky as well?

Quote Originally Posted by tmmats View Post
    wasn't this one on tom cruise's wrist in vanilla sky as well?
    I never knew that! Thanks for telling me. A quick Google showed me that Tom was wearing a Mark XV in Vanilla Sky. Harrison Ford also wore the Mark XV in Firewall!

http://boxwish.com/US/spots/iwc-mark...rd-in-firewall
    Last edited by skyrider007; November 13th, 2009 at 02:02.
    - Calibre de Cartier SS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Succesfull product placement by IWC.
    My only problem is - sure a salesperson would even know what an IWC watch was!

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Succesfull product placement by IWC.
    My only problem is - sure a salesperson would even know what an IWC watch was!
    I would have to agree with you there. Rolex I would understand, even Tag Heuer, but probably not IWC, IMHO.

I put my IWC down at a watch shop to try on a watch, then the sales person quoted $1800 for the price of the watch I was interested and then proceeded to show me their "Value" lines as though I would not be able to afford that watch. Would not happen if I had on at that time my Sub.
    Chronic flipper...

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

On not so watch related note.

Why is it that in the movies now a days seem to predict the end of the world as being rather very close? (3 yrs from now?)

I mean, older movies tend to predict the end of the world being at least 20-30-100 years from contemporary. It seems that now a days most of the "Apocalyptic" movies tend to be putting the end of the world to VERY near future.

Is it because people feel that way more?
    Chronic flipper...

Banned

I do not know, you might be right. Of course, this 2012 bull..it has been spoken about the last 20 years or so.
    Did not von Daniken already write about it?

Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    On not so watch related note.

Why is it that in the movies now a days seem to predict the end of the world as being rather very close? (3 yrs from now?)

I mean, older movies tend to predict the end of the world being at least 20-30-100 years from contemporary. It seems that now a days most of the "Apocalyptic" movies tend to be putting the end of the world to VERY near future.

Is it because people feel that way more?
    I have read a magazine article about the rising popularity of apocalyptic genre movies. Basically they said due to the increased level of risk (and fear) in our daily lives due to terrorism and economic recession etc. People actually enjoys seeing the end of the world, lol. I guess it sorts of relieve their stress. I'm no psychologist but I'm certain there is a scientific explanation.
    - Calibre de Cartier SS

Quote Originally Posted by skyrider007 View Post
    I never knew that! Thanks for telling me. A quick Google showed me that Tom was wearing a Mark XV in Vanilla Sky. Harrison Ford also wore the Mark XV in Firewall!

http://boxwish.com/US/spots/iwc-mark...rd-in-firewall
    I'm glad i managed to find a bnib mark xv at the AD this year and purchased it !

Quote Originally Posted by skyrider007 View Post
    Just bought my Mark XVI last week and recently found out that it will be appearing on 2012! How cool is this?!, lol.
    Very very cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information