My old Edox delfin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geoffbot
  • 1 Post By CADstraps

Thread: My old Edox delfin

My old Edox delfin

Hello new to this forum so please move this if its not on the correct thread please . I have a Edox Delfin watch my dad gave me in the 70's it says on the back shockprotected,superwater proof 20atm,automatic,swiss made,200516.
    Now I'm thinking of getting a new strap for it and getting it repaired as it no longer seems to work? would this be worth spending the money on as I really would not want to spend to much on it.It also has stamped on the strap side Gold filled and a few other letters I can't make out?
    Name:  028.JPG
Views: 1826
Size:  531.8 KBName:  030.JPG
Views: 1830
Size:  654.6 KBName:  023.JPG
Views: 2314
Size:  732.6 KBName:  026.JPG
Views: 1700
Size:  365.3 KBName:  024.JPG
Views: 1815
Size:  842.0 KBMany thanks to any help on this matter regards meloned.

Re: My old Edox delfin

Welcome!

Well the watch probably isn't worth more than $100-200 and a repair (depending on the damage) may run you the same - you'd need to take it to a watchmaker to be sure. It's up to you whether it's worth the money to repair it.
    meloned likes this.

Many thanks for letting me know. I think I may sell it where would the best place to do this? regards meloned

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by meloned View Post
    Many thanks for letting me know. I think I may sell it where would the best place to do this? regards meloned
    If you sell it you'd better mark it as 'not working', in which case you won't get much, if anything for it. The $100-200 I mentioned was for a working watch...Ebay might work.

That will have a movement serviceable by many compitent watchmakers for a fairly reasonable cost (depending on the problem, of course. I would assume a cleaning/oiling). For a watch my father gave me about 40 years ago, I'd pay it all day.

Don't sell the watch: the $40 (or so) you'll get for it in non-working condition is an insult to the history it has in your family.
    meloned likes this.
    Influence is like the wind...

Your right I will check out a few repairers and if I can afford it I will get it repaired and if not still keep it many thanks for all your advice on this ! Regards meloned.

Thread Information