My Orient ER27001B Worries

Thread: My Orient ER27001B Worries

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member Spotty1125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65

    My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Some have probably helped me decide between another Orient and this Orient.
    You can see that thread here...if you want...

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/orie...1b-914646.html

    Anyways.
    I received the watch last Friday, and of course since I've never had an automatic before or an Orient for that matter, I'm worrying.
    As always.
    I'm worried that to me the date numbers don't look perfectly aligned, even though I know that it doesn't matter and it probably isn't.
    I'm worried that the date display is defective because the date doesn't seem to be right in the middle of the date window.
    I'm worried that the rotor doesn't turn as smoothly as shown in the video below:

    Orient VS Swiss Comparison - YouTube

    I'm worried that the rotor makes a loud noise, even though Orient USA themselves assured me that this was normal.
    And of course...
    I'm worried of scratching the crystal.

    The main worry that I would like "it's ok, it's normal"ated is the worries about the rotor.

    I would greatly appreciate some advice on this!

    Meanwhile I'll be .

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Re: My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Continuing worrying is, statistically speaking (while realizing, of course, that 98.6% of statistics are made up on the spot) is your best course of action because, of all things that people worry about, only 3.14% ever happen.

  3. #3
    Moderator Public Forum GlennO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10,280

    Re: My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Without pictures we can't see the date alignment issue (if there is one). We can't hear the rotor noise, but some noise is normal. It's inevitable that, at some point in the future, you will get a scratch on the crystal, but worrying about it now will only decrease your enjoyment of watch. Enjoy your new watch!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Spotty1125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65

    Re: My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Quote Originally Posted by Atthesoundof View Post
    Continuing worrying is, statistically speaking (while realizing, of course, that 98.6% of statistics are made up on the spot) is your best course of action because, of all things that people worry about, only 3.14% ever happen.
    Yes, but....

  6. #5
    Member Spotty1125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65

    Re: My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Without pictures we can't see the date alignment issue (if there is one). We can't hear the rotor noise, but some noise is normal. It's inevitable that, at some point in the future, you will get a scratch on the crystal, but worrying about it now will only decrease your enjoyment of watch. Enjoy your new watch!
    Nevermind the stuff other than the rotor noise.
    It also vibrates though not really a phone vibration but not really a rattle either...
    I'd have a video of it, but I'm pretty sure that my camera won't record the sound properly.
    All I can say now is that the rotor doesn't move smoothly unless it is tipped to 180 degrees, not about 45 in the video.
    But regarding the crystal, ya.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    381

    Re: My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Send it back. The way you are fussing over it shows it's not the watch for you.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member Spotty1125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65

    Re: My Orient ER27001B Worries

    Quote Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
    Send it back. The way you are fussing over it shows it's not the watch for you.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Uhh, even with any watch, I would fuss.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •