My own experience buying/selling/trading on WUS. Yours?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My own experience buying/selling/trading on WUS. Yours?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My own experience buying/selling/trading on WUS. Yours?

Hi,

Over the years I have bought/sold/traded well over a hundred watches on WUS (my old username was deleted, my fault). Recently, I have started again. I am amazed at how professional, friendly and fair the folks on WUS are. I wanted to share my only two bad experiences and would love to hear any of your war stories.

1) Bought a Seiko 6309-7040 and found out it only ran for an hour without constant vigorous movement. When I pinged the seller, he went nuclear, threatening to slam me on reputation, etc. Ugh. I didn't even ask for a refund...

2) Traded for a Bedat & co. No. 8. Watch was completely beat up and man, it is ugly (my own personal opinion, I tried to like it - pictured below). Took this one on the chin as a learning experience

Name:  Bedat.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  66.5 KB

Any war stories from you?

Banned

Re: My own experience buying/selling/trading on WUS. Yours?

Hmmm idk something seems fishy about this whole thing.

Why?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Never had a problem buying or selling.
    It's on the buyer to vet the seller, which is usually fairly easily done ,by asking a few questions and being comfortable with the communication. A simple I'll take it where do I send the $$ isn't the way to go. But that's just common sense.
    And when in doubt-don't commit.
    Lawes likes this.

I've sold one and bought several. Pleasant experience all around, got exactly what I expected in terms of all the transactions. Looks like OP ran into some bad luck, as WUS is the most reliable place to sell/buy imho.
    Lawes and georgegervin44 like this.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

I"ve only purchased one watch from the WUS marketplace. It was a Bulova Super Seville and it was shortly after I joined. It was a good experience and the seller mostly represented the watch correctly. I was still a newbie and didn't really know some of the correct questions to ask about this particular model. I just knew I had to own one. Once we agreed on a price and I paid, it was shipped and received in good working order. I took it to my local watch guy and he said it was in decent shape as well.

My only complaint was there was a very small scratch on the date window cyclops and the bracelet was an aftermarket model. Neither of these was mentioned to my recollection however it was a few years ago and perhaps I just didn't see this info. It didn't really bother me as the price was very fair and it is a good watch. The aftermarket bracelet works great so no complaints and the scratch is very small so not really very noticeable however if it wasn't mentioned, it should have been. As always buyer beware! Here's a pix of the watch:

Name:  Bulova SS.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  983.0 KB
    Lawes likes this.
    "Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one"

Have bought many on here with great experiences every time. I hope to be able sell some on here one of these days when I get my post count high enough. I think I need 100. And this post should get me one closer :)

Ive done many many trade deals here. Everyone that I dealt with has been fantastic! I dont know if I just got lucky, or our members are just super nice overall. But, so far so good for me, no complaints at all. I think a lot of it has to do with being able to communicate your thoughts in a concise way, and setting first impressions during your first contact PM. Both of those go a long way to a successful transaction, imho. Checking feedback also helps big time! I'm so glad we have the feedback forum.

Incoming= Aevig Huldra V2

Omega Seamaster Pro 300 Ceramic
    Magrette Moana Pacific Diver II
    Helm Vanuatu V4
    Glycine Combat Sub GL0078
    ​Scufra Diver One D1-500
    Seiko SKX009
    ​Seiko SSC021
    Citizen BN0-151 Eco-Drive Diver
    Casio AMW-330
    Vintage Elgin Pocket watch

I have enjoyed my buying, trades, and selling on WUS! As others have said, the feedback section has helped my feel better about the service. I appreciate that we have the site and it is closely watched by the mods. They do a great job! I wish all would leave feedback in the feedback section though. That makes it easier to find the information for everyone. Vance.
    SmashingHarlots likes this.
    Watch the time you have, Jesus is coming soon! “Faith is seeing the light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.”

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

I dont have 100 posts, or a 90 day old account. All I have done is buy a Prometheus Poseidon, and my experience was that the seller was amazing, pleasant, and a pleasure to deal with.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information