My procrastinating parents put me in no man's land. I am stuck with Tourneau and Macy's FML
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My procrastinating parents put me in no man's land. I am stuck with Tourneau and Macy's FML

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My procrastinating parents put me in no man's land. I am stuck with Tourneau and Macy's FML

Hi,

This is just a rant. My mom said to me 30 minutes ago that she wanted to buy a watch for each of my grandpa's. Big problem - her flight to china is monday 6/24 morning. I wish she told me a few days ago because I could have easily gotten one on jomashop no problem whatsoever. But since that's not even possible anymore, I am stuck with Macy's and Tourneau. She is thinking of Tissot because that's a very well respected brand in China. I looked up the tissot AD's in my area and Macy's and Tourneau are the only two. So we will be going to the Garden state plaza in Paramus, NJ. The only good thing about this whole experience is that Macy's and Tourneau are in the same mall. And I'm definitely not going into the NYC Tourneau store. We don't want to deal with the traffic.

I do plan on looking at a few pre-owned rolex air kings. Maybe that will be the one redeeming factor of this entire situation. I HATE going to macy's and tourneau because thats where all the suckers go. Macy's stuff is garbage. The only time I've been to tourneau was on their website but I pass by the NYC store on the way to work and it's NICE. Oh well, full retail here we come......

I'll be wearing my hamilton jazzmaster viewmatic with shorts and a tshirt. I hope they will let me in the way I'll be dressed. Any tips or advice on how to be efficient at tourneau? I don't plan on haggling but I've done a forum search and I'll be trying to use the 10% off your next purchase thing. If Macy's and tourneau are the same price for the watches, I'm 100% going to tourneau. I'm getting fleeced either way so I'd rather have a tourneau bag than a macy's one :)

I need to spend $2k in 3 months for my amex gold card anyways so whatever. It is what it is. Maybe I'll take a look at PP's and JLC's while I'm there hmmm :)

Re: My procrastinating parents put me in no man's land. I am stuck with Tourneau and Macy's FML

cool story bro
    czarcasm, techluvr, kursed and 3 others like this.

Re: My procrastinating parents put me in no man's land. I am stuck with Tourneau and Macy's FML

Macy's has a solid collection of good watches. Seiko, Victorinox, Hamilton, Tissot and a host of others. Its an AD for them. If you can't find anything there, I doubt you will anywhere.

Safe travels for your mother.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Like, OMG!
    Last edited by geoffbot; June 22nd, 2013 at 11:57. Reason: rule 2

I'm one of those suckers that patronize Tourneau willingly/happily. Hope you can find something that ticks all boxes, including price . . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

At Tourneau, it's 'price consideration', NOT discount.

I love going to Tourneau with the new sales staff.

Bob

Name:  4297708-lg.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  60.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by futuregopher View Post
    I need to spend $2k in 3 months for my amex gold card anyways so whatever. It is what it is. Maybe I'll take a look at PP's and JLC's while I'm there hmmm :)
    What a life of predicaments you must lead.

And just think, that $2K you're spending in annual fees on your gold card could go towards a trip to Disney World.

Wealthy Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides to bypass lines at Disney World - NYPOST.com

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

You could always just have your mother buy them a beautiful Beijing Behai when she arrives in Hong Kong/Shanghai/Beijing... But that probably doesn't drop a sexy enough name to impress in materialistic China...

Name:  DSC_7019.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  147.5 KBName:  DSC_7039-1.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  145.6 KB
    Last edited by mpalmer; June 22nd, 2013 at 06:58.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by futuregopher View Post
    Hi,
    I need to spend $2k in 3 months for my amex gold card anyways so whatever.
    What exactly does that mean?

What is this rant ranting about?
    sakura7 and techluvr like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information