My ragtag collection, 1979-now

Thread: My ragtag collection, 1979-now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My ragtag collection, 1979-now

I often window-shop, but only buy on occasion. The new purchase becomes the daily-wear until the next purchase takes its place. Save for two, that I can't locate right now, these are all the watches that I have owned since 1979.

Prior to that I had an Omega Chronostop with a red second hand and a blue dial that was rotated ninety degrees to the right, placing 12 o'clock at 3 o'clock position. Omega's rationale for this was to have the position corrected for under-wrist reading. The watch was meant to be worn under-wrist to facilitate stopwatch operation. Alas, that watch got lost in the dust of time and place a long while ago. Does anyone still own one of those? I would love to see pictures of it.

The no-flash shot. The AWI was a gift and I wore it for a couple of days. Although a good enough and comfortable watch, it's just not my type.

The flash shot. The rest of these are my own purchases and they all have interesting stories behind them. For instance, that World Time/Thermometer Casio has been working non-stop, on the original battery, since I bought it back in 1992. That's an amazing 16 years!

And here's a close-up of my current daily-wear. The trusty, tough-as-nails, SNZB23 with the cool Guilloche carved dial and green second hand.

Hope you enjoyed this.

Edit: And these two complete the line-up
    Last edited by AirWatch; November 9th, 2008 at 00:10.

Re: My ragtag collection, 1979-now

I had that very same Casio world time thermometer all through high school. Great watch!
    Lots of dive watches.

Nice Collection! I like that yellow swiss army chrono, which model is that one?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good to see mate~! Nice range of beaters. I had the same Oakley as yours there btw.

Shame you lost the Chronostop, the Chronostop "drivers" go for good money, especially if they have the original mesh bracelet

I'm amazed that you've only had 11 watches in thirty years, yet find them interesting enough to hang out on a watch forum!

Maybe I was just reckless in my youth, but I think I've lost or destroyed just as many, and have about 30 working watches right now.

Alternatively, I might just have a problem!

Nice collection.

Cool pics. It is always neat to see someone's entire collection. You can usually always identify themes in the person's taste and preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Cool pics. It is always neat to see someone's entire collection. You can usually always identify themes in the person's taste and preferences.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, I guess, sporty, rugged looking would be the theme here, although, to tell you the truth, these watches were bought haphazardly throughout the years and with not much, uh, premeditation for the lack of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbyrats View Post
    Nice collection.
    Thank you, raisedbyrats! Were you, really?

Quote Originally Posted by chaadster View Post
    I'm amazed that you've only had 11 watches in thirty years, yet find them interesting enough to hang out on a watch forum!

Maybe I was just reckless in my youth, but I think I've lost or destroyed just as many, and have about 30 working watches right now.

Alternatively, I might just have a problem!
    Ha-ha! I've been a watch fanatic since my long-past early teens but I've always tried to keep the craziness in check to the point of going through long periods of total indifference to watches. When I get the bug again, I work on limiting myself to just window-shopping. That is until bad influences like you, Chaadster (I'll remember that name) and this forum conspire to veer me off the straight and narrow path of sobriety and common sense, until my soft trigger finger curls up tight and...

...Let me introduce you to my newest, the SNZF53, incoming and expected by mid-week, next week. See what you've done?!

Quote Originally Posted by gjlelec View Post
    Shame you lost the Chronostop, the Chronostop "drivers" go for good money, especially if they have the original mesh bracelet
    I know, I know . I regret very much losing that watch. You know, although I'm sure that it didn't come with the mesh bracelet, for the life of me, I can't remember the band it came with. I wanna say it was a black rubber or fabric band with a clasp closure, but other than it not being a too ordinary band, I can't remember anything else about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne_G_I View Post
    Nice Collection! I like that yellow swiss army chrono, which model is that one?
    Thank you! Here's a picture of the watch with the case and box that it came in. Apparently, it's the SAB Odyssey WAT YLW/BLK 99064-22. It was bought in March of '03 and would get a lot of comments when I used to wear it. Its brightness would also jolt me awake at first glance of my half-closed, sleepy eyes in the mornings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information