My Stolen and Recovered Nomos Watches
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: My Stolen and Recovered Nomos Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Stolen and Recovered Nomos Watches

Let me start out with the one thing that I want everyone to know. Watchuseek members Jason Hobby and Scott Rathmill are great guys. I will leave out a huge section of the story because there is an active ongoing police investigation even though presently it is barely progressing at glacial speed. I had two Nomos Ahoi watches that were stolen and ended up in Port Orange Florida. A member of Watchuseek contacted me that he saw them in an eBay auction because I had posted them as stolen. After I filed a second police report in Houston because Port Orange threatened to stop working on the case unless I filed a report where I lived, the Houston officer found out who bought them on eBay and sent that information to Port Orange PD where it went to die. For policy reasons he could not give me that information. While I was on vacation a member who wishes to remain anonymous contacted me and said that he had information on my watches. I had to convince him that I was not a thief, (that was a new one), and pay him a reward if his tip bore fruit, which it did. He informed me that Scott Rathmill had my watch. I contacted Scott and as it turned out, he bought both watches. Scott had bought both watches on eBay in good faith and would have no reason to believe that they were stolen. He was a victim of this crime as well. I contacted Scott and sent him supporting documentation of the theft. From that point forward, Scott did everything he could to get the watches back to me as fast as he could. He had traded one of the watches to Jason Hobby. When Jason learned what happened, he did everything he could to get my other watch back to me as well.

Both watches are presently in my possession and as of this moment, Scott has not been reimbursed by PayPal for his loss. That should speak volumes to what kind of guy he is. Thank everyone for your support and the four members who helped me get my watches back. If any of you four find yourself in Houston, please pick the dining establishment, it is the least I can do.
    Last edited by RandM; April 2nd, 2015 at 01:11.

Re: My Stolen and Recovered Nomos Watches

From your account of the events involving your watches, Jason and Scott are incredible guys. They basically ate the loss of those watches for you. Wow.

It still sucks that good and honest guys bore the loss. Would definitely like to see the actual criminal(s) either get caught or see Jason and Scott be made whole.
    Wibbs, Hayseed Brown and Veda like this.

Wow glad everything worked out and hopefully Scott gets his money from PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice to see that there are still good and honest people out there. Good that you got your watches back. I'll assumed that you can't tell us how the watches got stolen or suspects since it's an ongoing case.

Agreed, an admirable thing to do (albeit legally required), and hopefully Paypal does right by them. They must have recourse given the goods were not as reported on eBay, i.e., were stolen and the seller did not have good title to them. One hopes that's the end of it and that the seller in turn was not another person defrauded by the original thief! There's my lawyerly spin on it.

Nice ending to an unfortunate situation and a fine example of why mankind deserves to stay around a little while longer.

kostasd87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watch_hor View Post
    Nice ending to an unfortunate situation and a fine example of why the majority of mankind deserves to stay around a little while longer.

fixed that for you, eheh

but seriously, great story, OP. i'm not sure that would have been possible had they been something more common like an Omega
    U aware?

Omega Seamaster 2531, Oris Aquis, Deep Blue Daynight 65, Omega Date '78, Melbourne Watch Co. Portsea, Tissot V8, Casio Protrek

You might think I'm gumpy...

You are correct, rare watch, low serial numbers and a forum darling helped. Let me clarify, the brand is a forum darling.
    Last edited by RandM; April 2nd, 2015 at 12:38.

Good news on the recovery. Sounds like an interesting story...And I think not the whole version.
    Details of "finders fees", back alley meetings, crooked cops, seedy bars......
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Glad to hear you got them back. I hope Scott gets his money back and they catch the SOB who stole them.
    - Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information