My uncle gave me this Hermes watch. Help me?

Thread: My uncle gave me this Hermes watch. Help me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My uncle gave me this Hermes watch. Help me?

I just recently got this (older?) Hermes watch from my uncle, and it would be nice if I could get some help identifying it. This is my first watch, I'm very new to watches. Is it a male or female watch? Is it genuine? How much is it worth? The only thing I know about it is that it is mechanical, and I think it might be a older clipper? Thanks!

Name:  JgWOz.jpg
Views: 5502
Size:  538.9 KBName:  rKY9z.jpg
Views: 7497
Size:  574.3 KB

Re: My uncle gave me this Hermes watch. Help me?

Looks like a men's watch to me.
    Congrats!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

I misread this thread title as "My uncle gave me Herp--"

All jokes aside, lovely watch. It's a men's piece. I can't say for sure if it is legitimate, but I don't see any glaring reason to doubt the authenticity, and the box looks good as well. We don't give valuations on this forum, but I would suggest bringing her in to an AD to verify the watch.

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the responses. I decided to email Hermes about the serial to see if it's authentic, but like you said, I don't see why not. My main concern, being new to watches, is that I was wondering if it's okay to wear this watch casually in college. From what I've researched, this watch seems to be pretty expensive, and I was wondering if I would look like an ass wearing it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiuming Chen View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I decided to email Hermes about the serial to see if it's authentic, but like you said, I don't see why not. My main concern, being new to watches, is that I was wondering if it's okay to wear this watch casually in college. From what I've researched, this watch seems to be pretty expensive, and I was wondering if I would look like an ass wearing it? Thanks!
    Firstly, nice watch, and nice Uncle too!

As far as wearing it, unless you look like "an ass" in general, with or without a watch, I'd say you are safe

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

If you don't wear it casually, I sure as heck will. Send it to me, and I'll post telling everyone what a cool guy were are for gifting it to me.

Congrats on the watch, wear it in good health.
    Tim
    A firm believer in - and enjoying a personal relationship with my wife.
    "Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse."Thomas Fuller

Watches are meant to be worn!
    Since it came from your Uncle, you should enjoy it.
    Congrats!

Again, thanks for the compliments everyone. I noticed that it bears a striking resemblance to this watch on amazon

Amazon.com: Hermes Clipper Steel Ladies Watch CL4.210.230/3758: Hermes: Watches

On amazon it says that it is a woman's watch. I think the only differences are the face of mine is darker and mine is mechanical instead of quartz? (mine clicks, the one on amazon also doesn't have "automatic" on the face)

I'm really hoping it's not a woman's watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiuming Chen View Post
    Again, thanks for the compliments everyone. I noticed that it bears a striking resemblance to this watch on amazon

Amazon.com: Hermes Clipper Steel Ladies Watch CL4.210.230/3758: Hermes: Watches

On amazon it says that it is a woman's watch. I think the only differences are the face of mine is darker and mine is mechanical instead of quartz? (mine clicks, the one on amazon also doesn't have "automatic" on the face)

I'm really hoping it's not a woman's watch!
    The one on Amazon is 24mm, that's absolutely tiny and would only suit a woman's wrist. How big is yours?

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Oh phew! Mine is roughly 37, awesome to know, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information