My very unsatisfactory dealing with Jomashop - NEVER AGAIN!
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: My very unsatisfactory dealing with Jomashop - NEVER AGAIN!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

My very unsatisfactory dealing with Jomashop - NEVER AGAIN!

Hi All,

First time poster, so I apologise if this is in the wrong section. Last week I purchased my first automatic watch from Jomashop which arrived yesterday. I was a bit hesitant being that it was an overseas online store, and had read some negative reviews about their customer service. Nonetheless, I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt, now I wish I hadn't.

The watch in question is the Oris TT3 RUF CTR3. Being a porsche fanatic I was instantly drawn to this watch. Limited edition of 3000 with a cool box that has a scale model of the CTR3 (See pic attached of what it is meant to look like).

Instead I received some ........ generic Oris watch box without any manuals. I sent an email to Jomashop with no reply. I spoke with customer service on the online chat. Their response was "sorry, sometimes we only receive generic box". After a few words back and forth, they just stopped replying.

I decided to call up, and was told they would speak to the shipping department and get back to me. Half an hour later I receive an email saying sorry we don't have the original box.

If it was any other watch, I wouldn't be too fussed. But given that this is a numbered, limited edition watch collaborated with RUF, I expect to get the proper matching box and manuals. Resale value in the future is now worth peanuts.

As quoted from Jomashops website under "Guarantee".

Brand new & authentic

All Our Products:

• are brand new, authentic, in the original box with manuals.
    • have the original manufacturer's serial numbers intact.
    • have a 1 to 5 year warranty program (see our warranty section for details).

Now instantly I decide I want a refund, however being that I'm from overseas, I have already had to pay the import taxes which was $235USD plus Jomashop charged my $128USD, so I would be nearly $365USD out of pocket. Import taxes are non refundable in my country.

I've added some screen shots I took this morning from their website which even shows the original box with the Jomashop watermark. Only 2 hours later I have revisited the link from their site, and they have now removed the picture of the original box. This has situation has just dampened what was meant to be an exciting purchase for myself.

As far as rectifying the situation, I don't know what my options are. To me a business is only as good as their word, and well this business has a "guarantee" that they can't even live up to. If I return the watch, I'm out of pocket close to $500USD once I pay the return shipping fee. I would have happily paid more to purchase this watch from another shop if I had of known I was going to receive a dodgy product like this.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lilbza
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seibei and Cobia like this.

Re: My very unsatisfactory dealing with Jomashop - NEVER AGAIN!

If you used a credit card, you can dispute that with your credit card company on the legitimacy of the watch. However, in all likelihood you're at least out of the import duties.

But let me ask you this: did you buy the watch for its resale value, or because you liked it? If you like the watch, and will be wearing it, then the original box shouldn't matter as much as the watch itself. As far as the original papers are concerned, you can always reach out to an Oris AD and have them validate it for you.

And most watch companies usually send you back a limited warranty and papers when you send your watch for a service. So, if in a couple of years you send your watch along to Oris, odds are, you will get some papers. It's not ideal, but then you did buy from a gray market store.
    Last edited by Metlin; October 27th, 2016 at 02:49.
    Bigdaftboy and watermanxxl like this.

And in the future, if you're ordering something that you're going to be rather particular about from a gray market dealer, it's probably best to call to verify that everything will be as you expect it to be prior to submitting your order. Even if they were to say "Yeah, original box, no worries" I'd still be skeptical until it showed up.

Cut rate prices mean cut rate service. Facts of life.
    joepac, Bigdaftboy and castlk like this.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd take a gentle, diplomatic (read non-antagonistic) approach with them and gently insist that they cover all expenses. I've found them to be reasonable in the past, and I think you're entitled in this case. Good luck.

Thanks for that, I'll never buy from them.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I've never bought from them, and this will make me think twice. I fully agree that a company only as good as their word. No matter what the price is or that it gray market good service is free,

Quote Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
    If you used a credit card, you can dispute that with your credit card company on the legitimacy of the watch. However, in all likelihood you're at least out of the import duties.

But let me ask you this: did you buy the watch for its resale value, or because you liked it? If you like the watch, and will be wearing it, then the original box shouldn't matter as much as the watch itself. As far as the original papers are concerned, you can always reach out to an Oris AD and have them validate it for you.

And most watch companies usually send you back a limited warranty and papers when you send your watch for a service. So, if in a couple of years you send your watch along to Oris, odds are, you will get some papers. It's not ideal, but then you did buy from a gray market store.
    Hi Metlin,

I did use my platinum credit card which does have insurance and protection for purchases, but my question is, how is this usually dealt with? Do the credit card company automatically pay me back and then chase jomashop for reimbursement? I've never really been in a situation like this so not sure how the dispute process works.

No I didn't buy it for it's resale value, but I expect to get what it is I paid for. I have no intentions of selling it now, but let's say 10 years down the track I do, a watch that's of limited production could see it hold descent value, and there's no way someone would be happy purchasing this without the relevant box and manuals.. I know I wouldn't. But if I never do sell it, I would still like to have the original box, just because.

Like I said, I feel like i've been ripped off. They knowingly advertise that their watches come with original boxes and manuals, hell they guarantee it. If they advertised that it didn't come with these, then I would have moved along to another vendor that did. It's misleading, dishonest and poor business practice in my eyes, and I'm sure it's illegal.
    pook187 and ilikefishes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UberDave View Post
    And in the future, if you're ordering something that you're going to be rather particular about from a gray market dealer, it's probably best to call to verify that everything will be as you expect it to be prior to submitting your order. Even if they were to say "Yeah, original box, no worries" I'd still be skeptical until it showed up.

Cut rate prices mean cut rate service. Facts of life.
    I understand that, but when I see statements about 100% authentic and guarantees of original box and manuals, well to me a company would only advertise that if it were true, and it's not like Jomashop are a small business. Guess I'm just naive.

Quote Originally Posted by ltb828 View Post
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I've never bought from them, and this will make me think twice. I fully agree that a company only as good as their word. No matter what the price is or that it gray market good service is free,
    Yeah it's certainly ruined the whole experience. Opening the box, I was excited like a kid at Christmas, after opening it, that excitement turned to anger. If there's no positive outcome from this whole debacle, I hope I can at least prevent others from dealing with them and potentially getting screwed like I have been.

Wow sorry to hear that. I would be PO

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information