My watch collection father passed away and left me over 150 watches
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My watch collection father passed away and left me over 150 watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My watch collection father passed away and left me over 150 watches

Any suggestions for finding a buyer for the watches? Most are name brand, Seiko, Citizen, Burberry, etc. All were stored in wooden watch boxes so I don't have paperwork.

khd

Re: My watch collection father passed away and left me over 150 watches

eBay?

Yeah, pics are definitely needed here.

Btw, you know it's gonna be a tough slog to sell 150 watches, right? Get ready for lots of work pulling the ads together.

If you want to sell them as a single lot, then eBay might be your best bet. Still gonna be some work to gather info on them tho.

All comes down to how much you value your time. Might be easier to donate them to charity and claim the deduction. Which still requires legwork to come up with a total value tho...
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would look through the collection and at least wear the ones you might have an interests in before you decide to offload them .
    WastedYears and dayandnight like this.

If you have no idea how to price them, eBay auction would probably be your best bet. Though you still would have to nail the watches’ models and even movements to bring in people who know their worth.

I’m guessing if you decide to do it, you’ll be an expert before you even get through a quarter of them!

And sorry to hear of your father’s passing. Just hoping we don’t sound like a cackle of hyenas camping by your collection!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss.

One though I have is to group them by brand as a first step. Take pics of each group and post, asking for those with brand expertise to take a look and let you know what you’ve got. This way you can determine if any have real value. If so, sell those individually, the rest as lots.

Good luck and keep us posted. If you’ve got older Seikos...happy to have a look for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to take some to a few watchmakers. Maybe 10-30 to each and get an idea. Don't be surprised if most are worth very little. It's pretty uncommon for someone with such a big collection to have many that are not going to be worth very much. I probably wouldn't bring them all to the same person. That person would probably be inclined to just pay a small amount for the whole lot. I mean, who has time to appraise that many watches and take so many into their collection all at once? In a pinch, you could always eBay a group of them. To be honest, I'm willing to bet if you show it here, a good lot of people here will help you organize the watches. You'll just have to ignore the fact that half of them will be circling like vultures, though I doubt anyone here will really lowball you while helping you figure out the collection. Because our favorite thing to do here is slap a fellow member down, so someone who lowballs will probably get dogpiled.
    Gary123 and khd like this.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

sorry for your loss.

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Very sorry for the loss.

You could try eBay, Craigslist or possibly a local flea market.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm really sorry.

I hate to say but the first step is picking out which ones you're going to keep, and you should keep some. Then you'll need to, at a minimum, take pictures and see what you have. Selling stuff as a lot is usually not a good deal for you, and if you have anything with value you should at a minimum cherry pick those out for individual sale.

DON'T use an estate sale service

DON'T go to a pawn shop
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information