My watch has an issue.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr_Finer_Things
  • 1 Post By Ayoungentrepreneur

Thread: My watch has an issue.

WTZ

My watch has an issue.

Ok, so, I bought an Invicta Speedway 9211 about 2 months ago, I think it has a Quartz mechanism. The last week I noticed it has kind of a rattling noise when I twist or move my wrist, I've read other posts and everybody says it is most likely to be the strap, but I'm pretty sure that it is the case the one that sounds.
    I would really appreciate if you could help me figure out whats wrong.

Re: My watch has an issue.

Remove the strap...test for noise
    GreatScott and Medusa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WTZ View Post
    Ok, so, I bought an Invicta Speedway 9211 about 2 months ago, I think it has a Quartz mechanism. The last week I noticed it has kind of a rattling noise when I twist or move my wrist, I've read other posts and everybody says it is most likely to be the strap, but I'm pretty sure that it is the case the one that sounds.
    I would really appreciate if you could help me figure out whats wrong.
    Send it back to the seller for a refund and with the refunded coin go buy a Seiko. EOS.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Cobia likes this.
    I would rather not list every watch I flipped

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I second the returning or selling of the watch and picking up a decent Seiko.

Strap, or bracelet? If I'm not mistaken that watch almost always comes on the latter, not even sure it's sold with a strap. Suggest you take off the watch, clasp the bracelet firmly in your palm, and gently shake the watch while holding the case in your fingers. If the rattling stops or is eliminated, it's the bracelet. Not sure what steps you can take if that's the case, since you're dealing with a $100 watch and you may want to temper expectations...
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

I agree with others about bringing it back to the seller and have them look at it under warranty. Invicta is notorious for poor customer service and warranty work, so do whatever you can to have the seller look at it there (as opposed to sending it back to Invicta). Was it purchased at an Invicta store or private sale?

Assuming the rattling is coming from inside the watch case-
    This video isn't of the exact same watch, but it's of an Invicta Chrono. It will give you an idea of what the innards most likely look like. With the plastic spacer (it most likely has) there's plenty of opportunity for rattles.
    If you're resourceful, you'll be able to figure out how to get the case back off without the tool (google search will give you some ideas). If not, you're stuck having someone else open it up for you. Not sure how much it will cost. Jomas shop and Amazon have new 9211's for under $100, so it's not likely something worth throwing much money at.
    I had a fake Gucci years ago with the same kind of quartz movement plastic ring/spacer that rattled. I opened it up, put a couple of small pieces of paper inside to stop the rattling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFjz8xwSqY
    Last edited by Tommywine0; November 14th, 2017 at 17:39.

Take the watch off the bracelet to eliminate the most probable cause and if it still does it you know the watch is to blame and can be sent back.

Thread Information