My wife said I can buy whatever watch I want, BUT
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My wife said I can buy whatever watch I want, BUT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My wife said I can buy whatever watch I want, BUT

it just can't be something I've flipped in the past. Doesn't matter if I get a newer vintage or a different dial color. If the watch is X Brand Y Model and I've owned it before and got rid of it, I can't get it again.

Seems pretty sensible now that I think about it, not sure why I didn't just implement this rule myself, would have saved me some needless flipping.
    antiga, Lucible and loiidol like this.

Re: My wife said I can buy whatever watch I want, BUT

RUN! IT'S A TRAP!!!

It's not a bad idea, but tastes change and some times change back. Getting what you're excited about now is the important part, I think.

Anyhow, if you're like me and you made an agreement you'd stick to it just on principle, but I'd still wonder if she'd notice what you got one way or the other.

You complaining or bragging? . . .
    mleok and antiga like this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    You complaining or bragging? . . .
    Bragging lol

My wife also says "You can buy whatever watch you want, BUT..." and her caveat is "It has to be a reasonable price" but she refuses to reveal an exact upper limit dollar value. So I recently tested the waters with a watch purchase for around $700 and it didn't trip any alarms with her. I'm considering using the flipping option next. I've surveyed eBay for a couple of months and I have one automatic I don't like much anymore that's regularly being offered used on eBay at around $1000. But, of course, I don't know the actual selling prices. I'm thinking maybe I could capture a bid for $800-$900 for my old watch in an eBay flip, add what is "reasonable" for a watch in my wife's mind and end up with a little more expensive watch!

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

If I had a dime for every time I heard that, I would be hip deep in Patek's now........
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

sounds complicated.

quick ....hit the Rolex AD
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Have you ever owned a Patek Philippe?...Now you can....
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Since she's letting you pick a different model from the same brand, you could always opt for the strap version (if you've owned the bracelet before) or vice versa.
    With many brands (e.g. Omega) the strap versions are a different model number than the bracelet numbers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information