Name a watch to compliment either a Sky Blue Safari Suit and pith helmet?..or clogs and flares?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Name a watch to compliment either a Sky Blue Safari Suit and pith helmet?..or clogs and flares?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name a watch to compliment either a Sky Blue Safari Suit and pith helmet?..or clogs and flares?

Hey folks,

I'm heading to another 'Bad Outfit' fondue soirée next Friday night but want to put in a decent effort. I have my genuine super slim fit sky-blue safari suit and my uncles pith helmet on hand...but I think it could benefit from a watch of some kind....of which I don't have.

The other option is an outfit with clogs, brown flares, and a terylene shirt...but a matching watch would also be great. (Shoe ideas also appreciated).

Any other ideas or photos much appreciated, cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Name a watch to compliment either a Sky Blue Safari Suit and pith helmet?..or clogs and flares?

A field watch of some sort? Maybe on a hideous baby blue NATO?

Re: Name a watch to compliment either a Sky Blue Safari Suit and pith helmet?..or clogs and flares?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    A field watch of some sort? Maybe on a hideous baby blue NATO?
    Yes yes or even a pocket watch of some sort? I'm looking into what these guys used to wear. I'm not sure if there was such thing as a safari or explorer or hunting pocket watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Anything from Alan Silberstein.
    Henry Krinkle likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Personally I think of British colonialism so a large (preferably gold) pocket watch with a scene engraved or cutout from the front cover. Alternately, a Reverso. Either way, having a monocle that also makes an appearance as you squint every time you go to check the time is a must.

Um, duh - Rolex Explorer.
    Perdendosi likes this.

the only watch to go with a safari suit is this:

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

You may have to make an emergency request for the Blue Whale...
    dbakiva likes this.

Just reading the title I immediately thought AP Safari ROO but I am guessing that might be a tad over budget for a theme party... In the real world I would say a Seiko SNK80X on either a worn NATO or some really exotic looking strap like a hornback or one of the snakeskins.

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    Um, duh - Rolex Explorer.
    or Rolex Magnum ... wait I think that was Rolux Magnum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information