NATO Straps On Women
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NATO Straps On Women

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NATO Straps On Women

Has anyone ever seen women wearing NATO straps whole out and about? Does anyone have pictures of women wearing nato straps? Or are NATO straps just plan unattractive on women (probably being why there are many feminine NATO strap options)? I researched and only see a tomboy blog mention them, but what about femine women trying to be fashionable?

Thanks

Re: NATO Straps On Women

An ex of mine took to borrowing a couple of my watches for nights out and the like and as I've been on mostly Natos since the 90's that's what she wore. IMHO they looked good on her. If anything they were more fashiony(should be a word) because of the different colours. This was before the current craze for them though when I never saw another one in the wild, so they stood out and because they were unknown they were genderless? Nowadays maybe not, though IMHO they're still fashiony(it'll catch on, you wait) because of all the different colours. If anything they suit women more in practical terms as you can tighten/trim them for a small wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by MissSummerStorm View Post
    Has anyone ever seen women wearing NATO straps whole out and about? Does anyone have pictures of women wearing nato straps? Or are NATO straps just plan unattractive on women (probably being why there are many feminine NATO strap options)? I researched and only see a tomboy blog mention them, but what about femine women trying to be fashionable?

Thanks
    Try the google search below. I found several women's watches on nato style straps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wome...w=1024&bih=653
    Last edited by John MS; May 12th, 2014 at 18:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A quick google later...

http://bulangandsons.com/wp-content/...780_small1.jpg

I won't post it in thread as it's a bit too large.

Name:  dwwomen.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  DSCF8524.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  54.0 KB

And an article on same suggesting such straps are on trend whatever the hell that means. :) Lady-Blog: Watches with NATO-Straps as a trend of the fair | INHORGENTA MUNICH EN

My wife has a couple of Nato's she likes, but trying to find something that was small enough to fit her wrist was another story.....
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks, I guess I meant women who have a variety of NATO straps and change them when necessary, not necessarily the ones who wear straps that come with the particular watch by default.

I'll probably get keelhauled for saying this but I think bracelets and leather straps look better on a woman.

Never in the flesh

My Blog http://www.horologiaprima.com
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art! (O.Wilde)

Quote Originally Posted by MissSummerStorm View Post
    Thanks, I guess I meant women who have a variety of NATO straps and change them when necessary, not necessarily the ones who wear straps that come with the particular watch by default.
    I would imagine that the number of women who change nato straps is proportionate with the number who change other straps, bezels, etc. Don't over analyze this. Why don't you just try a watch with a variety of straps and see if you like the look and flexibility?

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    I would imagine that the number of women who change nato straps is proportionate with the number who change other straps, bezels, etc. Don't over analyze this. Why don't you just try a watch with a variety of straps and see if you like the look and flexibility?
    I already wear nato straps. I just wanted to know if there were others into them too as I see mostly men wearing/buying/changing them on the internet. also asked because I wanted to get other ideas for women inspired nato straps like SuiGeneric straps. I guess I'll deal with being a minority lol, no big deal :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information