Need advice: Getting the itch again...
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need advice: Getting the itch again...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need advice: Getting the itch again...

Hello friends!

It has only been a few of months since my last purchase (dress) but i've started to get the "itch" again. I'd love your opinions and advice on what I should get next.

I'm looking for sportier watch seeing as my last watch was a dressier one. It should have decent water resistance and I'm hoping it will look good on different types of straps, whether it be SS or NATO or even rubber. Admittedly, I have not taken a whole lot of time to see what is out there - i'd love to know where to start.

I'm hoping to stay around the 5k region, no preference on new or like-new used. Preferably >40mm

My first thoughts would be Rolex Sub or GMTII and Omega PO but again, I'd love to see what else the WIS community might suggest. Thanks in advance!

Best,

D

Re: Need advice: Getting the itch again...

Ulysse nardin marine line looks great on any strap, they can get very affordable pre owned. They were just bought by a huge luxury brand company which might help their brand in the long run so getting one pre owned now while prices are low could work to your advantage. I have had one and can say they are WAY more subtle than they look in pictures and look much more traditional and under the radar in person if that is a concern as the dials appear very unorthodox in pictures. Also check out the breitling superocean heritage line also very good on a variety of bands.
    Last edited by inhaus; August 27th, 2014 at 18:19.

As most of the members here will realise by now I'm a bit of a fan of Oris divers but I understand they make other watches as well. See if the BC4 does anything for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by inhaus View Post
    Ulysse nardin marine line looks great on any strap, they can get very affordable pre owned. They were just bought by a huge luxury brand company which might help their brand in the long run so getting one pre owned now while prices are low could work to your advantage. I have had one and can say they are WAY more subtle than they look in pictures and look much more traditional and under the radar in person if that is a concern as the dials appear very unorthodox in pictures. Also check out the breitling superocean heritage line also very good on a variety of bands.

The Superocean heritage does look quite fantastic!

Very similar to the PO - and from my own preferences PO is what i'd lean more towards over the superocean.

Thanks guys, keep them coming!

Rolex GMT...Comes on Bracelet, but straps work with custom end links, which came today...
    Name:  008.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  58.5 KB
    Name:  009.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  46.6 KB
    Triode likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Go with SS for all of your choices, if that's an option. Changing to rubber or nato later is a lot less expensive than trying to get a bracelet for it. Plus changing straps is part of the fun and will change the look of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Rolex GMT...Comes on Bracelet, but straps work with custom end links, which came today...

Very subtle plug LBF!!!!! But congrats on the custom end links for other strap options.

Brown one with the endlinks looks fanstastic!!
    Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Aka "That electrical engineer"
    Tag Heuer Carrera CV2014 | Steinhart O1V | Steinhart OVM | Helson SD Green Brass 42mm | Omega Genève Cal. 613 | Maratac Pilot Automatic Red 2013 | Seiko "Orange Monster" SRP309 | Sterile Parnis Pilot 6497 | Momentum Atlas V-Series White | Timex T2M516

Name:  51j4GOmXkML._SY300_.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  27.5 KB

...but I would take a look at Oris divers as well. The Depth Gauge is a fantastic looking watch.
    KyleT likes this.
    - Eric

My wrist. My money. Don't judge.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Current
    - Steinhart Ocean Vintage Red | Seiko SKX007 | Seiko
    SNK803 | Helgray Field Officer #37 | Blue Swatch Star Chief | Graf Zeppelin Nordstern GMT | Blue Orient Mako | Blue Movado ESQ Catalyst Chronograph | Android Decoy IP

Rolex GMT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information