Need advice - Having problems with buyer.
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Need advice - Having problems with buyer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need advice - Having problems with buyer.

I sold a watch to a guy in Russia. He requested I end it the safest way possible because of the postal problems in his country. I oblige and send it registered mail which takes more time to get to destination. When i was sending the package the lady said it would take about 2 weeks. Here is the problem, the buyer has been waiting an extra long time because i had a delay in shipping the watch. I was in contact with him throughout and kept him updated on my situation until the package was sent about 2 and a half weeks later (seller has been waiting about a month for the watch). He has messaged me today that if he doesn't get package in one more day he will be filing a claim with paypal. Today is the 14th day that the package has been in transit.

here is the tracking info -
    First-Class Package International Service
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    February 03, 2013, 9:50 am
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    Registered Mail

Arrived at Sort Facility
    February 03, 2013, 9:46 am
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    Dispatched to Sort Facility
    January 29, 2013, 5:43 pm
    ASTORIA, NY 11105
    Acceptance
    January 29, 2013, 2:46 pm
    ASTORIA, NY 11105

I sent him a message asking him to wait a bit longer as I can see that the package isn't lost and is on his way to him. what can I do in this situation? Has anyone ever sent out a package to russia and how long did it take? I have all the necessary documents as well as pictures of the package with the address's on it prior to shipping. I have never had a situation like this before and I'm worried about paypal refunding him and him also getting my package.

Re: Need advice - Having problems with buyer.

As this is 100% out of your control you should not be worried. Send him proof how you sent it and on what day, and he should not be mad. He can call USPS or the carrier if he cas complaints.
    Our daily bread.

He's probably covering his butt. I think you only have 30 days from time of purchase to file your claim. After that, you're outta luck. Sounds like he's coming up on that 30 days and wants to make sure he's covered. No offense, but I don't blame him. A 2 1/2 week shipping delay seems unreasonable PLUS he doesn't trust his country's postal service.

PayPal will investigate and hear both sides. My guess is that they'll allow more time if you have proof it shipped. Hope things work out for both of you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 2 1/2 weeks was definitely excessive, But we are all human and things do happen. I was in contact with him throughout the 2 weeks as to reassure him. I think he will get the watch and everything will be fine, I've just never been in a situation like this. I also didn't know about the 30 days, If I were him i would probably do the same then.

I think it's 45 days for a claim. Maybe you could ask him politely to wait till 44th day? Should give your package more time to arrive and for him it does not make a difference.
    Cheers,
    Josip

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aadam View Post
    The 2 1/2 weeks was definitely excessive, But we are all human and things do happen. I was in contact with him throughout the 2 weeks as to reassure him. I think he will get the watch and everything will be fine, I've just never been in a situation like this. I also didn't know about the 30 days, If I were him i would probably do the same then.
    When selling a watch on these forums,only not shipping on the weekends
    is acceptable.If a seller tried to wait 2 1/2 weeks for a Watch I bought,I'd have asked for a refund as soon as the very
    late shipping was known since it wasn't listed as delayed shipping as
    part of the sale.This is on you,not him.
    Also,its really bad when its an international sale.Things happen
    when Customs is involved.Both buyers and sellers are
    vulnerable.
    If you can't ship when you sell,then don't sell.
    In the real world,people couldn't care less about excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by dedward View Post
    When selling a watch on these forums,only not shipping on the weekends
    is acceptable.If a seller tried to wait 2 1/2 weeks for a Watch I bought,I'd have asked for a refund as soon as the very
    late shipping was known since it wasn't listed as delayed shipping as
    part of the sale.This is on you,not him.
    Also,its really bad when its an international sale.Things happen
    when Customs is involved.Both buyers and sellers are
    vulnerable.
    If you can't ship when you sell,then don't sell.
    In the real world,people couldn't care less about excuses.
    I agree with you, excuses dont matter. Although the seller never asked for a refund and was totally cool during that time. So it was his choice to wait out the 2 weeks that I was delayed. At that point he could have gotten a refund at any time since I still had the watch in my possession.

Your fault for not shipping quickly, sorry to rub it in. And I agree, unless buyer is a blood relative, I'd file a claim against you too. It takes 1hr. to buy packaging materials, 30 mins to pack, and 30 mins. to go to post office and ship. Why wait 2 weeks?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

You screwed him around and now it's on you to make it right. Tell him you're sorry it took you two weeks to ship and offer to refund him a percentage of what he paid on the watch.

With any luck, this might buy you back your positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffza View Post
    You screwed him around and now it's on you to make it right. Tell him you're sorry it took you two weeks to ship and offer to refund him a percentage of what he paid on the watch.

With any luck, this might buy you back your positive feedback.
    "Screwed him around"? given your lack of knowledge about my personel life im gonna assume you are just sensitive because you were in a similar situation as the buyer.

I'm going to quote what I said above "I agree with you, excuses dont matter. Although the seller never asked for a refund and was totally cool during that time. So it was his choice to wait out the 2 weeks that I was delayed. At that point he could have gotten a refund at any time since I still had the watch in my possession." He was ok with waiting and never asked for a refund, I think your recommendation of refunding anything is extreme. I think he is more worried about the package being lost in his country's postal system rather than how long he has been waiting to receive it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information