Need advice on a watch winder

Thread: Need advice on a watch winder

Need advice on a watch winder

Could you guys give me some advice on some watch winders to look at for my planetocean liquid metal? I will be doing a 6 month tour of afghan soon and was planing on leaving it on a winder. Also when I buy another I can then rotate watches and keep them ticking

Re: Need advice on a watch winder

IMHO a total waste to put it on a winder for six months. Put it in a safe and don't worry about it.
    Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Hi to fellow PO owner! 6 months??? Keep it off a winder, just store it somewhere.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok i wont bother with a putting it on a winder for 6months but I think I need a winder for the times where Im away for a week with work where I cant wear the watch.

What winder would you recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by AB1990 View Post
    Ok i wont bother with a putting it on a winder for 6months but I think I need a winder for the times where Im away for a week with work where I cant wear the watch....
    Why?

You might consider checking the "Books, winders, tools, and other..." forum, listed just below the public forum.
    Last edited by dbakiva; October 9th, 2012 at 21:32.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

I'd just toss it in a safe and not worry about the winder.

I agree with most here, that leaving it on a winder for six months is unnecessary, but since it seems apparent you want one, check out Wolf(e?) design.

I bought a single watch winder a little while ago from Sharkstores. They had a deal on a Swiss Legend winder for about $40--much cheaper than Amazon. I'm really pleased with it because there are a variety of settings you can choose for winding characteristics and it is almost completely silent. When their comes up again, I want to get another. I use the winder because I rotate my watches after about a week and not all of them have a quick set date.
    Last edited by Stargazer1; October 9th, 2012 at 23:56.

Get a Wolf Design 2.7 Winder, it is the best reasonably priced winder you can get. It is extremely quiet, well-built, and exceptionally adjustable, in terms of the number of turns per day, rotation direction, and also allows you to set a delay before starting the winding program. I use the delayed start when I've worn the watch the whole day, so that the winder doesn't start winding the watch when it still has a lot of power reserve from being worn the entire day.

There are certainly cheaper winders available, but none that I would place a high quality watch on.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I would recommend a Sharper image SI312 watch winder. It is the only truly silent one I have ever found. You can still find them new on ebay. It works differently than the normal everyday watch winder, in a way that more realistically imitates movement on the wrist if you ask me.

Thread Information