Need to be aware when collecting your watch in from servicing
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gokaden

Thread: Need to be aware when collecting your watch in from servicing

Need to be aware when collecting your watch in from servicing

Hi there,

I just thought I'd leave a post as a reminder to this community about collecting your watch from service.

I was in Singapore recently for vacation, and dropped my Ebel 1911 BTR chrono off to replace a chrono pusher. I dropped it off at the Sincere Watch boutique at Suntec City, and the service center was located in the building above the boutique. The work took about 5 days, and I collected my watch the same evening as I was flying out.

Well, seeing how I only replaced the chrono pusher, I inspected my watch by making sure all the chrono functions were working. Satisfied, I left the store and headed off to the airport.

However, a few days after getting home Stateside, I was looking at the Ebel in sunlight, and noticed that there were specks and smudges on the inside of the front crystal. There seemed to be a big collection of scratches on the inner AR too. Alarmed, I contacted Sincere and sent them photos, and they said that I could ship the watch back to them for inspection. If they verified that it was their fault, they would fix it, but I was responsible for return shipping.

Considering the expense of shipping and insurance both ways, and the fact that I wasn't sure if Sincere Watch would even take responsibility, I'm resigned to taking the watch in to my local watch maker to see if he can have the inner AR cleaned or completely polished out.

It was my fault to not inspect the crystal when I received my watch from Sincere, which I didn't think to do since I only changed a chrono pusher.

Therefore, please be reminded to inspect your watch COMPLETELY upon collection to avoid my mistake, regardless of the work that was done.
    Watchbreath likes this.

Re: Need to be aware when collecting your watch in from servicing

Thanks

Thread Information