Need a dependable watch.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need a dependable watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Need a dependable watch.

Hello , can't sleep and was reading through forums. Sorry if something doesnt make sense. Alot of Information. I have automatic's , but for certain tasks I need something not so delicate that will last. A good all around watch for a couple hundred. I am not fond of G shocks, but need to get a quartz this time. From what I have read , quartz are not well liked here, but it is what I need. A friend has a Hamilton which I never seen before and I actually like the look very much. He has not had his very long and I have read some bad things about the brand. Does anyone on here have a quartz Hamilton that they have had for a lengthy time without problems. Or any other mid- range quartz. Something between the $100-$400 range. No divers, just something with reputable dependability for a long time. As I am not one for servicing. Preferably a Hamilton now that I seen one. I know Seiko is suppose to be good but I would like to stick with Swiss if I can help it. Just not as much of a selection. Maybe because Japanese quartz last longer? Hope this made sense, thanks for your help.

Re: Need a dependable watch.

Look at Citizen Eco-Drives as well as Seikos. Each brand has many models to choose from and both are well regarded.

Agree with Ron. Get a Citizen Eco Drive. Lots of watch for your money and comes complete with no battery changes...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

2 collections to consider:

Tissot

Tissot

Quartz are as much appreciated here as on any forum. My vote also goes to Eco-Drive for reliability and ease of use.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

drt

I'm not sure why you want Swiss. The Swiss have carved out a niche in autos but the Japanese run circles around them in quartz.

You don't say if you need a plain, traditional watch. If so, I'd look into the Seiko perpetual calendars with an 8F type movement - good looking, accurate, fairly priced, long battery life. If not, consider a nice Citizen Eco-drive or Seiko with radio control (if you're in range), such as the Citizen CB0027-69E. The ultimate in grab-and-go dependability.

Hamiltons are good. I have a Hamilton khaki auto, a terrific watch with no problems. If you like the Hamilton, just get it.
    Cheers, David
    --
    Bow your heads for the WIS prayer:
    I'm a WIS
    But I can change
    If I have to
    Oh, who am I kidding?

Banned
    I will look into citizen, do they use same quartz as Seiko? It's just that everyone seems to have Seiko, Citizen, G shock. I have always had Swiss and am partial to them. Plus I want to have somewhat different than the the most common models you find in department stores. I am looking for a time with day, date only. Tissot looks promising even though I have their automatic. I just not sure about their quartz. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by urston View Post
    ... I am looking for a time with day, date only. Tissot looks promising even though I have their automatic. I just not sure about their quartz. Thanks.

Another suggestion:

AeroGraph Day Date Wenger Swiss Army Watch - Aerograph

I like Citizen watches quite a bit.
    I think you get a lot for your money.
    There are lots of models to choose from and the Eco-Drive technology works great.

Quote Originally Posted by drt View Post
    I'm not sure why you want Swiss. The Swiss have carved out a niche in autos but the Japanese run circles around them in quartz.
    I agree. In the price range you're considering, Citizen or Seiko get's my vote. Heck, the Japanese invented the quartz watch and have been perfecting it ever since.

Here's a few nice ones in your price:

My little friends:

Casio G-Shock GW-5000
    Casio G-Shock GD-350
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
    Kienzle Chronograph
    Omega Speedmaster PRO
    Orient Star Classic
    Rolex Submariner
    Seiko 007 Diver
    Seiko Turtle Diver
    Seiko SARB 021