Need help with 2 Terminology !

Thread: Need help with 2 Terminology !

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Need help with 2 Terminology !

    as said i dont really understand the following two.

    'Regulator' ? IWC regulator... etc
    'Flyback' ? Chronograph flyback etc...

    thanks guys! :D

  2. #2
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin

    Re: Need help with 2 Terminology !

    Flyback: Flyback chronograph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Name:  21903.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  40.7 KB

    A Regulateur measures seconds, minutes and hours but different to the common three hand watch.Seconds, minutes and hours are spatially separated from one another. The hour display has its place in the upper half, and the small seconds display in the lower half of the dial. Only the “large” minutes hand describes its circle from the centre.

    This form of time display, which differs from that of all other watches, served a highly practical purpose in the early days of precision chronometry. The clocks of that time – mostly intricate grandfather clocks or wall clocks – were built with this dial architecture for observatories.
    Kind regards

    Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts