Need Help with the buying/negotiating process for a Tag Heuer

Thread: Need Help with the buying/negotiating process for a Tag Heuer

Need Help with the buying/negotiating process for a Tag Heuer

I have a Tag Heuer Kirium model that is about 15 years old. It's still in pretty good shape but I figured it was time for a change and I've always been partial to Tag. I visited the local Tourneau and picked out a new Tag Carrera Automatic that I like. The list price on it at Tourneau is $2400. Tourneau is offering about $1000 off the Carrera for my Kirium "trade-in". However, I've seen the Carrera on the Web from dealers through Amazon, Prestige Time, and other places in the ballpark of $1750. I'm a newbie and I don't completely know the difference between Authorized Dealer and Gray Market, etc.

This is where I need help:

Can I negotiate at Tourneau? Will they be firm at "list price"? Are they offering me more on my Kirium than its worth to sweeten the deal?

Any assistance or advice anyone can offer is appreciated! Thanks.

Generally speaking, I wouldnt settle on anything less than a 20% discount from an AD. Depending on brand and location, but it can be possible to get 30%+ off of listed msrp.

Grey market are not authorized sellers and do not offer the factory warranty. The watches are legitimate however if you buy from a reputable grey market dealer. Amazon is known to have some big Tag Heuer sales every now and then. Sometimes you can haggle a similar price at the AD so try it out. I also heard Tourneau is a terrible place to buy from but you can look up all Tag Heuer ADs in your area on their website.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

Re: Need Help with the buying/negotiating process for a Tag Heuer

You're probably asking in the wrong forum, you may want to visit the Tag Heuer forum here on WUS and chatting up the TAG owners there with your questions.

I bet they will suggest you contact the WUS Tag Heuer forum sponsor, Topper Jewelers, who apparently have a good reputation with WUS TAG owners and who gives discounts. Figure out a price you'd like to pay and then ask, they can either say "Yes" or will come back with a different price -- it's called negotiating!

You're basically buying the warranty when you pay more at the authorized dealer, so that's worth something more than the gray market price. Based on what I read in the WUS Tag forum, a warranty on a Tag may be a good idea.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tourneau isn't the best place to trade up. I would also recommend Topper. I have done lots of business with them. Topper is very trustworthy. They also buy watches too.

As for your question... Tourneau will not come off of the list because of the fact you are trading in a watch. You may be able to negotiate a better price for your trade, but usually your trade value is determined by the watch you are looking to buy. To get the best value on your trade at Tourneau, you have to be getting a watch that is more expensive than your trade.

Banned

They're offering you $1000 for a 15 year used Kirium? That's WAY above market value. You'd be lucky to get half of that if you sold it privately.

I agree, I think the price on the Kirium is way high especially for Tourneau...so they are sweetening the deal a bit. Call Topper's (Ball watch forum sponsor and get there price on the same watch for an idea of what a new one sells for in the real world).
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Thread Information