Need Help : Louis Vuitton LV113 Q1151 GMT Alarm Reveil Watch

Thread: Need Help : Louis Vuitton LV113 Q1151 GMT Alarm Reveil Watch

Confused Need Help : Louis Vuitton LV113 Q1151 GMT Alarm Reveil Watch

Hi All,

I am a longtime reader and have only posted a few times (unfortunately after the password reset I can no longer access my old account so I created a new one)

I very recently bought Louis Vuitton Q1151 (LV113 caliber) Alarm GMT watch. I searched the web and the forum with no luck.

I have some questions where I am in need of some help :

1) Is there a user manual for this watch somewhere I can download? (I couldn't find an email to contact LV)

2) I couldn't find how to turn off the alarm , it's always on and not really much fun... (Alarm is pretty basic, some buzzing sound and vibration)

3) How can I find a proper replacement strap with a notch that fits LV Tambour watches? I couldn't succeed in finding one at the web...

4) Original deployment clasp is not engaging properly. It's the original LV hardware, very basic. When trying to lock , it sort of clicks in then bounces back softly. There seems to be no lock/unlock mechanism. If anyone has any experience on these deployment buckles , please help..

Any help appreciated
    Mertol

And here are a few pictures...

Name:  IMG_2259 copy.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  509.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2260 copy.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  358.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2261 copy.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  345.3 KB

Re: Need Help : Louis Vuitton LV113 Q1151 GMT Alarm Reveil Watch

It appears LV only offers contact by telephone. Have you tried phoning them?

There appear to be a number of replacement strap options on the LV website. They are listed with the Tambour line.

As for the deployant, is it actually an LV clasp or did the previous owner fit something aftermarket? I checked a couple of Tambour models and none come with deployant clasps. All of the replacement straps also have regular buckles (engraved with LV branding).
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

The alarm looks like the one on Pam 98/355...

I think the alarm won’t ring if you don’t wind the alarm crown....usually the alarm is powered by handwinding the alarm crown on the watch

For more affordable strap,you can buy standard strap and notch them yourself...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

If the base movement is an AS5008 (which I do not know 100% but assume it is an 5008) the second pusher needs to be pushed in, alarm off. Position 1 alarm on.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    The alarm looks like the one on Pam 98/355...

I think the alarm won’t ring if you don’t wind the alarm crown....usually the alarm is powered by handwinding the alarm crown on the watch

For more affordable strap,you can buy standard strap and notch them yourself...
    Many thanks. After playing with the watch that's what I am thinkink too. Not very elegant I'd say.
    I think I found some nice option (albeit not very economical) through eBay for a compatible straps. I can notch a 21mm strap (I've done before ) but even a slight asymmetry bugs me, so I prefer a premed one , assuming that it will have better finish.

I’ve had a few Tambours over the years. LV stores will have straps in an array of colors, it be prepared to pay. Deployant either needs an adjustment or replacement. Also it may not be correct, as the LV clasp on my 277 was a double deployant.

If you are on a budget you could always switch to a standard ardillon buckle.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

Thread Information