Need help - plastic watches

Thread: Need help - plastic watches

Need help - plastic watches

I am urgently looking for a supplier of plastic watches -- much like the Swatch Gents range.

They need to be of a single colour strap with a white face. Any help or directions as to who would know, would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

stuffler,mike

Re: Need help - plastic watches

Search google for private label watches. My example is about 7.00 Euro if you order + 50 watches. Colour of dial and strap are negotiable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was looking for watches more like this:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Frazmand View Post
    I was looking for watches more like this:

Aha. Then I missunderstood your post completely
    They need to be of a single colour strap with a white face. Any help or directions as to who would know, would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 16th, 2008 at 23:55.

I wouldn't say completely :).

You got the idea of a single colour and a white face. I'm just looking for very basic watches which I hope to be able to take apart for a project of mine.

stuffler,mike

Well, I am afraid you have to check google for all private label brand producers.......

How about the casio MQ24 series, specifically the mq24-7b, mq24-7b2, and mq24-7e...they can be had for about USD$11-17 each on amazon with fsss(freesupersavershipping over $25) or there's ebay if you just want one.

all plastic,one color(black), white dial/black markings with stainless steel back that snaps on/off for battery removal. can't really do much with the strap and case since its all black unless you're gonna paint a thick coat but i could see how the white dial would make a nice somewhat blank canvas for your artistic side assuming that painting over the white face was your "project".

Thanks for the help mate - and yes the project was gonna be customizing a watch for myself.

Do you know if its possible to open up the watch to access the face?

sorry, I don't know for sure 100%. but knowing it's a casio and that a novice can easily fiddle with the modules on the digital watches to replace the case or paint it over, I think I'm safe in assuming that the module in the analog version should be just as easy to take out just as long as you get past the "removing the crown". I can't tell you from experience with the analog versions because I've only done this a few times and that was a long time ago with a variant of my current f-91 "digital" watch, but it should be easy as the lower end casios shouldn't have all those layers of stuff you'd see in a g-shock...probably one "rubber dampener/water seal" behind the face and one on the back and probably an "o-ring or rubber washer of some sort" behind the crown area is what I would expect for this model.
    Last edited by tirat; May 23rd, 2008 at 00:03. Reason: wrong wording

Thread Information