WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need help with watch size!

850 views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  lohzq 
#1 ·
Hi guys, i'm a newbie to this forum. So recently i came across several threads indicating that modern day dress watches are on average 38-40mm in diameter. But when i measured my dress watch size, its only 34mm but since i have smaller wrists, i wonder whether my current dress watch which is 34mm in size is suitable for me. I have attached photos for your reference. Do let me know about what you think! Whether you feel it is a perfect size/too small/too big for me.

Also, this watch has a reference number L47084726. When i googled it, it came up as a ladies' watch! I got a shock because when i bought it previously, the AD told me it was a gent's watch. Do let me know whether in your opinion, it's more suitable as a gent's or ladies'.
Watch Wrist Analog watch Arm Hand
Arm Wrist Watch Joint Human leg
Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Thanks so much for your valued opinions! :)

Benjamin

See less See more
#9 ·
It fits your wrist very well and very classic! it doesn't look like a ladies watch at all. I'm use to smaller watches under 35mm because I like to wear vintage watches and I have smaller wrists and some friends of mine laugh at me because they say it's a women's watch because of the size. I just laugh at them because they are use to wearing huge oversized Jumbotron fashion watches on their wrist that looks like they strapped a wall clock on their wrist. I tell them that They look like flavor flav [emoji41] jokes on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Yeah, you're trippin' -- it looks fine for that style of watch.

Sometimes exactly the same watch is marketed differently in different places (or at different times) as being for men or women. A Cartier I was looking at is listed only as a ladies' watch on the North American website but on the UK site it's listed under both men's and women's watches. *shrug*

#23 ·
Wow, thanks for all the responses guys. I guess the size for a dress watch debate would never have a proper conclusion. But my personal favourite one would be to wear the watch that best suits us. Haha. If this watch looks fine on me then it is the right one :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.