Need input on this blue dial watch-Monta?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Need input on this blue dial watch-Monta?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi all. Rapidly added to my modest collection and wanted blue dial watch to finish it off (for now).

Seiko sarb 033
    Seiko SKx 007J
    Hamilton Intramatic
    Speedy 1990s white dial
    Damasko da36

Now want a blue dial to complete collection. Something casual that can be sporty. Small wrist so thinking 40mm max. Struggled with IWC mark xviii petit vs omega aqua terra blue on blue rubber strap but looking at past posts seem kinda large on wrist and price is high. Also thinking pre owned Rolex OP 39 blue. Then I searched micro brand seen on other post and want thoughts about this watch. Monta Triumph blue 38.5mm. I dig it and asking for thoughts on the brand and strap thoughts.

Any owners out there? I’m thinking drawn to either of the brown straps. Thanks for opinions.
    Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there! I believe I said it all in my post here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/wha...h-4747837.html but I have had the watch for about 40 days and have worn it every day. It is an amazingly comfortable everyday kind of watch that will probably make you rethink the hobby and want to sell everything else. If it doesn't it will at the very least fill an important spot in your collection, that clearly needs a blue dial watch. Don't hesitate, Monta is the real deal, quality is equal to that of rivals 2-4x the price and the bracelet is tremendous. The everest straps for monta are also supposedly really amazing but I don't own one. I suggest getting it on the bracelet and get the leather or rubber later if you want it. Good luck!

ETA: picture of it on my wrist today, like every other day since I bought it.

Also to add, one of the coolest things about the blue dial is how it changes in the light. Inside and at the right angles, it gets really dark and outside in the sun really pops. never a dull moment with this one :)
    Last edited by Raym0016; August 22nd, 2018 at 17:47.
    docgov likes this.

Re: Need input on this blue dial watch-Monta?

^^^

What he said. Amazing watch. Get the bracelet for sure.

My only complaint is that mine seems to get magnetized pretty easily. Don't know if that holds true for all of them or if it's just mine. I suspect it's due in part to how thin it is. Not much protection. It's a ten second fix though.
    docgov likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. I guess the Sinn 556 in blue is also an option at 38.5mm. And slightly cheaper. Any thoughts on the sinn?

Quote Originally Posted by docgov View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess the Sinn 556 in blue is also an option at 38.5mm. And slightly cheaper. Any thoughts on the sinn?

Maybe too similar to the Damasko.
    docgov likes this.
    Vacheron Constantin FiftySix | Rolex Datejust 41 126300 | Rolex Explorer I 214270 Mk1 | Vintage Buren Chronograph

Instagram: @Lawpera_Watches

I had included the Sinn 556IB in my finalists but chose the monta for a few reasons. Not least of which is that the Sinn 556 hands are too short. Hands need to touch the minute track and if not, the watch is off my list. It's a personal pet peeve and something I never noticed before. I also heard that the dial in the metal was underwhelming. Monta all the way on that comparison.
    docgov likes this.

That Sinn is a fantastic watch. Great looks (I especially loved the applied indices, the picture (from a fellow WUSer) explains this), great movement, great brand. I was considering the grey variant recently, but I nixed it in the end because even though I love the watch, it just struck me as being a tad bland (subdued?). That could just be my style, though. I ended up choosing the Orion Calamity Navy, a microbrand on par with Monta (a bit cheaper, around $1,400 preorder).

I nixed the Monta Triumph because the numerals were painted and the dial was too cluttered - they should have done just 3-6-9 or all the numerals the same size, not a mixture of the two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

docgov and Gary123 like this.
    They say the people with the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLampPost View Post
    That Sinn is a fantastic watch. Great looks (I especially loved the applied indices, the picture (from a fellow WUSer) explains this), great movement, great brand. I was considering the grey variant recently, but I nixed it in the end because even though I love the watch, it just struck me as being a tad bland (subdued?). That could just be my style, though. I ended up choosing the Orion Calamity Navy, a microbrand on par with Monta (a bit cheaper, around $1,400 preorder).

I nixed the Monta Triumph because the numerals were painted and the dial was too cluttered - they should have done just 3-6-9 or all the numerals the same size, not a mixture of the two.
    ugh, I can't unsee the short hands of the sinn, it completely ruins the watch. That calamity is nice! except for those that have irrational fears of those 3 repeating numbers... which is common.

The Calamity is nice. And now an option. Ugh lol.

crappysurfer likes this.

The Calamity is nice. And now an option. Ugh lol.

If you are seriously considering it, the preorder is ending soon and I think that entails a $100 price hike.
    They say the people with the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information