Need recommendations - Rewarding myself - Here are my requirements -
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Need recommendations - Rewarding myself - Here are my requirements -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need recommendations - Rewarding myself - Here are my requirements -

Hi everyone, I'm looking to 'reward' (I run a real estate investment fund, and hit a "home run") myself with a watch that must met the following requirements 1) Be a dress or athletic type of watch, that can be worn with casual wear OR with a suit/tie 2) Prefer that it have an audible timer 3) bracelet, can be metal or leather. 4) Good "lume" on the watch or some other internal light source. 5) My budget is up to $4K - I have no problem with a lower price watch, and I can also go above this price range as well. As long as it fits the bill, it's in the running. - Thanks in advance. - Regarding the timer, I've started to "time" myself in my activities, and noticed how much more productive I've been. Need to continue with habit with all my watches. Thanks in advance!

Re: Need recommendations - Rewarding myself - Here are my requirements -

By audible timer, do you mean like a repeater or something more like a kitchen timer? Usually when you're speaking of audible time in a higher end watch its a repeater, but your last few sentences sound like you want a something more like a countdown timer that you can set, like a digital. Also, I wouldn't consider a watch with lume to be a dress watch. I wouldn't like going to a dance floor with a glowing green wrist in the dim light. I've seen people do that. It's . . . shall we say, not classy.
    Last edited by sleepyhead123; August 4th, 2014 at 07:02.
    yourdudeness080 likes this.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

It's a bit above your price range, but Tudor Heritage Advisor would fit the bill for an alarm. As far as a countdown style timer, I think you may have to go quartz.
    Mr AT likes this.
    Bulova 1973 Deep Sea Chronograph "B"
    Seiko 7A38-7100
    Seiko Kinetic Sports 50 SKJ056
    Citizen Skyhawk A-T JY0000-53E
    Omega Seamaster "Skyfall" (blue) Aqua Terra 8500 231.10.39.21.03.001
    Tudor Pelagos Blue 25600TB
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon Black Dial SS Q1368470
    Farer GMT Automatic Ponting
    Casio G-Shock GW-M530A

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not even sure if this would fit the bill, but looks like it may have a timer/alarm on it.

Breitling Emergency

Name:  Breitling-Emergency-II-Yellow-and-Black.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  91.9 KB
    Domo and Der Amf like this.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

^^^^
    I was thinking along the same lines, however the Emergency is one hella expensive watch. The Aerospace fits the bill with it's backlit LCDs and alarm, better looks (IMO) and a better price. It's also my favourite Breitling :D

Name:  sa7ehevy.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  229.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    ^^^^
    I was thinking along the same lines, however the Emergency is one hella expensive watch. The Aerospace fits the bill with it's backlit LCDs and alarm, better looks (IMO) and a better price. It's also my favourite Breitling :D

Name:  sa7ehevy.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  229.2 KB
    You beat me to it. I know a couple of people who have these and they like them. I find them rather light, but some people like that so it could be a plus point too..
    --------------------------------------------------
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000
    1965 Accurist Shockmaster
    1961 Gold Accurist Shockmaster
    Seiko SSC021P1
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00

Meistersinger Perigraph AM1002
    G-Shock GW3000B-1A

Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Ben Sherman S489.OOBS
    1990 Rotary Gold Case

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    ^^^^
    The Aerospace fits the bill with it's backlit LCDs and alarm, better looks (IMO) and a better price. It's also my favourite Breitling :D
    The first watch I thought of was The Emergency, but I knew it was quite exxy.

I was thinking there must be something less expensive, but couldn't think of the model.

The Aerospace is it! And it does look nicer with the less busy dial.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

If you're looking for an alarm, something like this Vulcain would be something to consider, and around your price point:

http://www.thewatchery.com/detail.as...Fc1i7Aod6mYAbQ

Name:  Vulcain Aviator.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  46.5 KB

Thank you for the recommendations...I already have an Aerospace (I love it!) and I'd like for there to be less "flash" on the dressier models...Other thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations?

How about Tissot T-Touch Classic for less flash?

This page says that it has two countdown timers and a back light: Tissot T-Touch Classic Watch | Watch Review

You could see all three different versions here: TISSOT T-TOUCH CLASSIC - T083.420.16.051.00 - Tissot Swiss Watches

Personally, I like the white dial version for best legibility with the hands, but the black-on-black digital display in the black dial version sticks out less on the wrist (see below). I also like the versions without the Arabic numerals at 3, 9, and 12 o'clock for the most uniform look.

Name:  tissot-t-touch-classic-watch-1.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  243.0 KB

Name:  72005_v_1384275111.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  206.5 KB

Name:  81vMuNJB-JL._UL1500_.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  271.8 KB
    Last edited by rdoder; August 6th, 2014 at 03:51.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information