Need some general info

Thread: Need some general info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some general info

Hi everybody,

Normally I wouldn't do this but I really need your help. Today I recieved a phonecall from a jewelry saying that they want to hire me for a sales job in the store. They needed someone with some knowledge on watches and I kind of slipped that I know about watches. I bended the truth a little bit, but I actually dont know much about it.

So that is where you come in. I was wondering if you could give me some tips and tricks in selling watches. I am a damn good improviser.
    What should I know, and what not.

I know that it was wrong, but I really needed the job, and after being turned down so many times, I glorified my knowledge on stuff a bit. The bills dont pay themselves you know.

His brands are Police, Casio, Lasita and Prisma.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Need some general info

Quote Originally Posted by Khold View Post
    Hi everybody,

Normally I wouldn't do this but I really need your help. Today I recieved a phonecall from a jewelry saying that they want to hire me for a sales job in the store. They needed someone with some knowledge on watches and I kind of slipped that I know about watches. I bended the truth a little bit, but I actually dont know much about it.

So that is where you come in. I was wondering if you could give me some tips and tricks in selling watches. I am a damn good improviser.
    What should I know, and what not.

I know that it was wrong, but I really needed the job, and after being turned down so many times, I glorified my knowledge on stuff a bit. The bills dont pay themselves you know.

His brands are Police, Casio, Lasita and Prisma.

Thank you in advance.
    I would not be too worried, I bet most of their customers do not know much about those brands either.
    Last edited by dovjm; October 31st, 2008 at 18:37.

I think the first thing you need to learn is the difference between quartz and mechanical (automatic and handwind) watches. This has been discussed many times and a search will yield results better than I can describe.

The next is researching the brands you listed. Casio is the only one I know from that list. Try to find out what kinds of watches those brands sell. For instance, Casio is famous for its rugged and dependable watches, including the popular G-Shock line. They also sell Pathfinder watches with multiple functions (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass) that are targeted towards outdoorsy people. Casio competes with Timex, Suunto, and other digital watch manufacturers targeting the <$500 market.

Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

You have a busy time ahead! You need to learn what the above posters said. I would (if I were you) go into each Manufacturers web site and learn amout their watches.
    You need to dazzle the customers with your knowledge!
    Knowledge = sales = happy boss = keeping job and increased salary!!
    Good luck!
    Janne

Best advice is to do a ton of searches here and read read read! Seriously there are very few questions about watches that haven't been asked already here so spend a few days reading the forum and you'll know more about watches than 99% of the people out there.
    Lots of dive watches.

stuffler,mike

His brands are Police, Casio, Lasita and Prisma ? Not really the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    His brands are Police, Casio, Lasita and Prisma ? Not really the icing on the cake.
    Ah, but perhaps as a sales associate, Mr. Khold will have some influence the brands they stock.

The fact that you sought out info on the net puts you ahead of most salespeople!

Good luck!
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyGrip View Post
    Ah, but perhaps as a sales associate, Mr. Khold will have some influence the brands they stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information