Need some help please!!

Thread: Need some help please!!

Need some help please!!

All,

I'm trying to decide between the following watches:

1. Oris Men's 01 674 7659 4174 07 8 25 10 TT1 Chrono Black Dial Watch
    Oris Men's 01 674 7659 4174 07 8 25 10 TT1 Chrono Black Dial Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

2. Catorex Men's 138.1.8169.350/BM C'Chrono Tradition Automatic Chronograph Black Dial Sub-Seconds Date Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
    Catorex Men's 138.1.8169.350/BM C'Chrono Tradition Automatic Chronograph Black Dial Sub-Seconds Date Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

3. Revue Thommen Men's 16041.6137 Airspeed Carbon Chronograph Automatic Black Dial Watch
    Revue Thommen Men's 16041.6137 Airspeed Carbon Chronograph Automatic Black Dial Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

4. Tissot Men's T0446142105100 T-Sport PRS516 Automatic Black Day Date Dial Watch
    Tissot Men's T0446142105100 T-Sport PRS516 Automatic Black Day Date Dial Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Any suggestions as to which one is the best quality, will hold it's value, etc.. ??

Thanks for any advice!

Tom (aka Broadsword)

Re: Need some help please!!

I know nothing about Catorex, but I do not like the price at all, and I feel you can look at other better brands, perhaps Sinn if you are going to spend this much. A preowned Omega Speedmaster would also be in play.

I dislike the date window treatment on the Revue Thommen. If it were me, I would change the white date wheel to a black one. I like the Oris' slightly sportier take and the date treatment better. Either is a fine watch. I would avoid the Catorex and look at other brands if I had this budget.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I also think the Oris is your best choice... their product is absolutely outstanding for the price.

I've also never heard of Catorex...

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    I know nothing about Catorex, but I do not like the price at all, and I feel you can look at other better brands, perhaps Sinn if you are going to spend this much. A preowned Omega Speedmaster would also be in play.

I dislike the date window treatment on the Revue Thommen. If it were me, I would change the white date wheel to a black one. I like the Oris' slightly sportier take and the date treatment better. Either is a fine watch. I would avoid the Catorex and look at other brands if I had this budget.

The Catorex just jumped from $920 way up! Just missed it since yesterday. But I do like the Oris!

Need some help please!!

Agree with mpalmer, i would avoid Catorex. For over 2k there are a great number of brands with much better established pedigrees that you could choose from. I also dont really know anything about their watches. Both the Oris and RT are solid choices and good VFM. I believe the movement in both nowadays is the same Valjoux 7750 (the Airspeed used to have a Lemania movement). The Tissot is also solid but I personally think the sweet spot for buying into this brand is under 1k. I agree with Dojobi that the Oris is probably the overall best choice based on brand recognition and pedigree. But whatever we all think, go for the one that speaks to you, you will be the person wearing it and have to feel good about it.
    Last edited by jt67; December 29th, 2012 at 03:31.

Oris. Never heard of Catorex.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

I'll MOST definitely not consider a brand whose name sounds like Cataract.

Oris or Tissot.

Thread Information