Need Some Suggestions

Thread: Need Some Suggestions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need Some Suggestions

Hello I’m new to this topic but I’m seeking suggestions for one, possibly two men’s watches. One for everyday and one for casual/dress. Looking for blacks, browns and blues or a mixture of them. Here are some features that I am looking for:

• Sapphire Crystal glass
    • 3 hand style
    • Leather strap
    • Able to read in the dark
    • Probably going with a 41mm but not 100% set on it, don’t care for super oversized diameters. 7” wrist
    • Water resistant
    • Automatic would be nice but probably can’t get all of this with an automatic on my budget

A few watches I like the looks of but are missing something I am looking for:
    Bulova 96A120
    Bulova 96A133
    Bulova 96B104
    Bulova 98A151 (beautiful but not looking for a chronograph)

I know I only listed Bulova but those were recently viewed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Need Some Suggestions

Forgot, looking at trying to keep it around $250 or less

Banned

If you can post photos of what you like you’ll probably get more feedback. Most people here probably don’t know those model numbers.

Have you looked at Hamilton or Tissot? Open to used?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
    Hello I’m new to this topic but I’m seeking suggestions for one, possibly two men’s watches. One for everyday and one for casual/dress. Looking for blacks, browns and blues or a mixture of them. Here are some features that I am looking for:

• Sapphire Crystal glass
    • 3 hand style
    • Leather strap
    • Probably going with a 41mm but not 100% set on it, don’t care for super oversized diameters. 7” wrist
    • Water resistant
    • Automatic would be nice but probably can’t get all of this with an automatic on my budget

Bulova 96A120
    Bulova 96A133
    Bulova 96B104

I know I only listed Bulova but those were recently viewed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
    You absolutely can get all of that stuff with an automatic movement from Orient. The Bambino and their cheap divers get most of the attention, but Orient makes a ton of different styles with lumed hands and markers with sapphire glass that are extremely affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by atdegs View Post
    If you can post photos of what you like you’ll probably get more feedback. Most people here probably don’t know those model numbers.

Have you looked at Hamilton or Tissot? Open to used?
    Thank you for the replies! I do want to go with a new watch. I have added or changed a few things but not much:

• Sapphire Crystal glass
    • 3 hand style
    • Sweeping second hand (really want this but not a deal breaker)
    • Leather strap
    • Probably going with a 39-41mm. I don’t care for super oversized diameters. Not looking for a bulky, thick watch. The thinner the better. 7” wrist
    • Water resistant
    • Automatic for everyday watch and Quartz for casual/dress
    • Under $200, $300 max

Tissot T1094071605100
    ... for casual/dress
    Name:  t109.407.16.051.00.png
Views: 72
Size:  132.0 KB

Seiko SNE102 (I may go with this one but I really want a sapphire crystal)
    ...for everyday
    Name:  41H9ZYM01OL.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  30.6 KB

Vincero Kairos Blue/Black and Blue/Brown
    Name:  Kairos-Blue-Black-_Hi-Res_grande.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  36.4 KBName:  Kairos-Blue-Brown-_Hi-Res_grande.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  37.4 KB

Bulova 96A120
    Name:  96A120_e5c2f73c-2ce1-491a-a64e-127e3fca5ae0_600x600.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  44.8 KB

Bulova 96A133
    ... for casual/dress
    Name:  96A133_2af44249-cebd-4a04-8bb6-68f7ac01cedd_600x600.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  35.5 KB

Bulova 96B104
    ... for casual/dress
    Name:  96B104_2169d57d-0912-4a1e-b294-c400ca4a5bb9_600x600.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  bulova-brown-Chronograph-Brown-Leather-Strap-Watch-40mm-98a151-A-Macys-Exclusive-Style.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  139.8 KB

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Davekaye90 View Post
    You absolutely can get all of that stuff with an automatic movement from Orient. The Bambino and their cheap divers get most of the attention, but Orient makes a ton of different styles with lumed hands and markers with sapphire glass that are extremely affordable.
    I will check them out, thank you for the suggestion

Of course I can always change out the strap so any strap would do, it's about the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
    I will check them out, thank you for the suggestion
    I'd strongly second Orient. They do make Sapphire crystals in your price range, but also keep in mind that not all mineral glass is created equal, nor do all designs expose mineral glass to damage equally. The Seiko 5 lineup is probably worth exploring and the Also keep in mind that thin, automatic and inexpensive is a "pick two" situation.

If you stick with Orient but like the Bambino you are giving up Sapphire, but it's coming in $100 under budget. The Esteem is, I believe, Sapphire and in budget.

Citizen also makes some automatic dress watches in the exact right size range and come in even cheaper than some Orients: https://www.longislandwatch.com/CITI...tch_s/1963.htm
    You're also giving up sapphire but you could buy two of those and still stay in-budget.

If you're looking at Bulova, look at their Accutron II line, especially the Surveyors: https://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Accutr...IA/ref=sr_1_13 (one example). They're 262KHz quartz with a smooth sweeping hand (smoother than an automatic.) That one's 41mm, and honestly I think they'd be a very good option.

Sea-Gull/Rider may be an option if you're willing to look at Chinese.

I'd urge caution with Vincero. You posted 3D renders of the watch, but having seen photos I don't think they quite look as good as their renders...
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

See what Orient Star has that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    I'd strongly second Orient. They do make Sapphire crystals in your price range, but also keep in mind that not all mineral glass is created equal, nor do all designs expose mineral glass to damage equally. The Seiko 5 lineup is probably worth exploring and the Also keep in mind that thin, automatic and inexpensive is a "pick two" situation.

If you stick with Orient but like the Bambino you are giving up Sapphire, but it's coming in $100 under budget. The Esteem is, I believe, Sapphire and in budget.

Citizen also makes some automatic dress watches in the exact right size range and come in even cheaper than some Orients: https://www.longislandwatch.com/CITI...tch_s/1963.htm
    You're also giving up sapphire but you could buy two of those and still stay in-budget.

If you're looking at Bulova, look at their Accutron II line, especially the Surveyors: https://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Accutr...IA/ref=sr_1_13 (one example). They're 262KHz quartz with a smooth sweeping hand (smoother than an automatic.) That one's 41mm, and honestly I think they'd be a very good option.

Sea-Gull/Rider may be an option if you're willing to look at Chinese.

I'd urge caution with Vincero. You posted 3D renders of the watch, but having seen photos I don't think they quite look as good as their renders...
    Thank you so much for all of your suggestions, I really do appreciate that. I do want to stay away from Chinese. I had an extremely long day and I'm exhausted but I will look into everyone's suggestions and post my thoughts ASAP.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information