Need Some Suggestions

Thread: Need Some Suggestions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Need Some Suggestions

    Hello I’m new to this topic but I’m seeking suggestions for one, possibly two men’s watches. One for everyday and one for casual/dress. Looking for blacks, browns and blues or a mixture of them. Here are some features that I am looking for:

    • Sapphire Crystal glass
    • 3 hand style
    • Leather strap
    • Able to read in the dark
    • Probably going with a 41mm but not 100% set on it, don’t care for super oversized diameters. 7” wrist
    • Water resistant
    • Automatic would be nice but probably can’t get all of this with an automatic on my budget

    A few watches I like the looks of but are missing something I am looking for:
    Bulova 96A120
    Bulova 96A133
    Bulova 96B104
    Bulova 98A151 (beautiful but not looking for a chronograph)

    I know I only listed Bulova but those were recently viewed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Forgot, looking at trying to keep it around $250 or less

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Linn, OR
    Posts
    3,438

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    If you can post photos of what you like you’ll probably get more feedback. Most people here probably don’t know those model numbers.

    Have you looked at Hamilton or Tissot? Open to used?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,057

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
    Hello I’m new to this topic but I’m seeking suggestions for one, possibly two men’s watches. One for everyday and one for casual/dress. Looking for blacks, browns and blues or a mixture of them. Here are some features that I am looking for:

    • Sapphire Crystal glass
    • 3 hand style
    • Leather strap
    • Able to read in the dark
    • Probably going with a 41mm but not 100% set on it, don’t care for super oversized diameters. 7” wrist
    • Water resistant
    • Automatic would be nice but probably can’t get all of this with an automatic on my budget

    A few watches I like the looks of but are missing something I am looking for:
    Bulova 96A120
    Bulova 96A133
    Bulova 96B104
    Bulova 98A151 (beautiful but not looking for a chronograph)

    I know I only listed Bulova but those were recently viewed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
    You absolutely can get all of that stuff with an automatic movement from Orient. The Bambino and their cheap divers get most of the attention, but Orient makes a ton of different styles with lumed hands and markers with sapphire glass that are extremely affordable.


  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by atdegs View Post
    If you can post photos of what you like you’ll probably get more feedback. Most people here probably don’t know those model numbers.

    Have you looked at Hamilton or Tissot? Open to used?
    Thank you for the replies! I do want to go with a new watch. I have added or changed a few things but not much:


    • Sapphire Crystal glass
    • 3 hand style
    • Sweeping second hand (really want this but not a deal breaker)
    • Leather strap
    • Able to read in the dark
    • Probably going with a 39-41mm. I don’t care for super oversized diameters. Not looking for a bulky, thick watch. The thinner the better. 7” wrist
    • Water resistant
    • Automatic for everyday watch and Quartz for casual/dress
    • Under $200, $300 max


    A few watches I like the looks of but are missing something I am looking for:


    Tissot T1094071605100
    ... for casual/dress
    Name:  t109.407.16.051.00.png
Views: 72
Size:  132.0 KB


    Seiko SNE102 (I may go with this one but I really want a sapphire crystal)
    ...for everyday
    Name:  41H9ZYM01OL.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  30.6 KB


    Vincero Kairos Blue/Black and Blue/Brown
    Name:  Kairos-Blue-Black-_Hi-Res_grande.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  36.4 KBName:  Kairos-Blue-Brown-_Hi-Res_grande.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  37.4 KB


    Bulova 96A120
    Name:  96A120_e5c2f73c-2ce1-491a-a64e-127e3fca5ae0_600x600.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  44.8 KB


    Bulova 96A133
    ... for casual/dress
    Name:  96A133_2af44249-cebd-4a04-8bb6-68f7ac01cedd_600x600.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  35.5 KB


    Bulova 96B104
    ... for casual/dress
    Name:  96B104_2169d57d-0912-4a1e-b294-c400ca4a5bb9_600x600.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  33.7 KB


    Bulova 98A151 (beautiful but not looking for a chronograph)
    Name:  bulova-brown-Chronograph-Brown-Leather-Strap-Watch-40mm-98a151-A-Macys-Exclusive-Style.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  139.8 KB


    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Davekaye90 View Post
    You absolutely can get all of that stuff with an automatic movement from Orient. The Bambino and their cheap divers get most of the attention, but Orient makes a ton of different styles with lumed hands and markers with sapphire glass that are extremely affordable.
    I will check them out, thank you for the suggestion

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Of course I can always change out the strap so any strap would do, it's about the watch.

  9. #8
    Member OvrSteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    10,229

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
    I will check them out, thank you for the suggestion
    I'd strongly second Orient. They do make Sapphire crystals in your price range, but also keep in mind that not all mineral glass is created equal, nor do all designs expose mineral glass to damage equally. The Seiko 5 lineup is probably worth exploring and the Also keep in mind that thin, automatic and inexpensive is a "pick two" situation.

    If you stick with Orient but like the Bambino you are giving up Sapphire, but it's coming in $100 under budget. The Esteem is, I believe, Sapphire and in budget.

    Citizen also makes some automatic dress watches in the exact right size range and come in even cheaper than some Orients: https://www.longislandwatch.com/CITI...tch_s/1963.htm
    You're also giving up sapphire but you could buy two of those and still stay in-budget.

    If you're looking at Bulova, look at their Accutron II line, especially the Surveyors: https://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Accutr...IA/ref=sr_1_13 (one example). They're 262KHz quartz with a smooth sweeping hand (smoother than an automatic.) That one's 41mm, and honestly I think they'd be a very good option.

    Sea-Gull/Rider may be an option if you're willing to look at Chinese.

    I'd urge caution with Vincero. You posted 3D renders of the watch, but having seen photos I don't think they quite look as good as their renders...
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

  10. #9
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    54,054

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    See what Orient Star has that you like.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    23

    Re: Need Some Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    I'd strongly second Orient. They do make Sapphire crystals in your price range, but also keep in mind that not all mineral glass is created equal, nor do all designs expose mineral glass to damage equally. The Seiko 5 lineup is probably worth exploring and the Also keep in mind that thin, automatic and inexpensive is a "pick two" situation.

    If you stick with Orient but like the Bambino you are giving up Sapphire, but it's coming in $100 under budget. The Esteem is, I believe, Sapphire and in budget.

    Citizen also makes some automatic dress watches in the exact right size range and come in even cheaper than some Orients: https://www.longislandwatch.com/CITI...tch_s/1963.htm
    You're also giving up sapphire but you could buy two of those and still stay in-budget.

    If you're looking at Bulova, look at their Accutron II line, especially the Surveyors: https://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Accutr...IA/ref=sr_1_13 (one example). They're 262KHz quartz with a smooth sweeping hand (smoother than an automatic.) That one's 41mm, and honestly I think they'd be a very good option.

    Sea-Gull/Rider may be an option if you're willing to look at Chinese.

    I'd urge caution with Vincero. You posted 3D renders of the watch, but having seen photos I don't think they quite look as good as their renders...
    Thank you so much for all of your suggestions, I really do appreciate that. I do want to stay away from Chinese. I had an extremely long day and I'm exhausted but I will look into everyone's suggestions and post my thoughts ASAP.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 17
      Last Post: June 4th, 2009, 02:53
    2. Replies: 8
      Last Post: March 5th, 2009, 17:39
    3. I need some suggestions, thanks.
      By skywyy in forum Rolex & Tudor
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 20:19
    4. Need some suggestions on a battery change for an IWC
      By D N Ravenna in forum High Accuracy Quartz watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: November 15th, 2007, 03:27
    5. Need some suggestions for Mom.
      By scottjal in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: June 4th, 2007, 22:10

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •