Need straps for small wrists

Thread: Need straps for small wrists

Need straps for small wrists

Which straps do you guys recommend for small wrists(6.5 inch)?

The stock military strap on my Maratac ACQ is just too long.

I would like suggestions for a nice leather strap that is short so that there isn't alot of extra strap sticking out.

As for military straps, I assume they all come in that one long length and you just have to cut them to size and heat the ends so it doesn't fray.

I also have a used Luminox F117 in a stock leather band and that also needs a shorter and softer leather strap.

stuffler,mike

Re: Need straps for small wrists

XS by Herzog would be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse72 View Post

The stock military strap on my Maratac ACQ is just too long.

I would like suggestions for a nice leather strap that is short so that there isn't alot of extra strap sticking out.

As for military straps, I assume they all come in that one long length and you just have to cut them to size and heat the ends so it doesn't fray.

I also have a used Luminox F117 in a stock leather band and that also needs a shorter and softer leather strap.

I have a smaller wrist than you and all of the nato bands that I have purchased have had enough holes for me. I did have a problem with my archimede leather strap but I just popped another hole in it and that was enough. I have been afraid to try and buy any other straps because that would really suck if they were to long.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse72 View Post

Sandra has a 6.5 inch wrist also. We buy standard straps and just add one hole in the strap for her. It works great.

It's not that the straps like the Maratac or leather strap on the Luminox doesn't have the hole for it. But it's the excess tail that sticks way past the band retaining loop which makes it look awkward and also hard to tuck nicely inside long sleeve shirts.

Like today, I'm wearing a Seiko monster with the stock rubber dive strap. I'm using the 3rd furthest inside hole on the strap to fit and this leaves 1 1/8" excess strap tail past the band retaining loop.

Anybody have use those silicone deployment type straps? Looks you cut them shorter to size and then install the metal dive-type clasp?
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=33822

Banned

I also have a 6.5" wrist and it is a bit of a challenge. I can still make any metal bracelet work it seems, oyster styles and jubilees etc. so it isn't that bad having a small wrist.

I have to avoid the mesh bracelets like the Artus as they don't have much adjustment in them. Some rare ones (like the Artus) are available in smaller lengths though, email Jorg.

Stock off the shelf leather bracelets sometimes work but so much length sticking out the buckle they look funny. The great part is you can get anything you want in tons of places custom made up.

I have a couple NATO's and they fit fine with enough holes. I think the NATO's are meant to fit on pipes and things inside vehicles etc. If you wanted you could cut some of the extra off and carefully melt the nylon to look like before.

Are you looking for something in particular?

Thread Information