Need suggestions - TAG Grand Carrera or Baume & Mercier Capeland 10000

Thread: Need suggestions - TAG Grand Carrera or Baume & Mercier Capeland 10000

Need suggestions - TAG Grand Carrera or Baume & Mercier Capeland 10000

Folks,

I am looking to buy a nice watch to wear to work everyday. Something I can wear with a suit. I am in my 30's and want something cool looking but sophisticated.

I like the TAG Grand Carrera and B&M Capelan 10000 - what do you guys think between these two? any other suggestions? Which brand is better TAG or Baume?

Thanks in advance

Name:  movadobaby_2182_312770138.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  119.5 KBName:  movadobaby_2187_245210811.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  62.6 KB

Re: Need suggestions - TAG Grand Carrera or Baume & Mercier Capeland 10000

Prefer the B & M, to a significant degree. One design element to consider: on the Tag, the printing on the outside edge of the case. I don't like it. No matter how careful, you are going to get some bumps and scrapes on that outside edge, invariably you will tap a door, elevator door, corridor, arm rest, etc. That's when the outside printing gets marred up. I hate that, and thus try to avoid watches with lots of outside case or bezel printing.

Also, take a good look at both faces. Much prefer the B & M. Cleaner lines. Arabic numerals. The clean placement of the B & M date marker that doesn't "eat" into a marker like the Tag does, plus the full circles on the movement features are superior, because they are easier to read at a glance. Oh, and if you favor the white dial in both models, black numerals provide better contrast to the Tag's silver markers, in my opinion.

So, to conclude, the B & M has a superior design and superior appearance, so it would be a no-brainer for me.

I definitely prefer the Grand Carrera. Very interesting to look at with the rotating disks and it's also chronometer certified so it should be reasonably accurate. I've held a few of those Cal 17s and they're really nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've always liked the looks of the GC 17 RS and the 36 RS, but i just dont think i could spend that much on a TAG. I do however, really like those new Capelands, and i think Metals has made some very valid points regarding these watches
    Baume & Mercier Classima Executives 8875
    Omega Seamaster Chronograph Diver
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer quartz
    Seiko 5 Military
    Seiko 5 circa 1970s
    Baume & Mercier vintage
    Edox Supra vintage circa 1960s

Thread Information