Need watch advice!
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need watch advice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need watch advice!

Hi,
    Recently I posted a thread asking recommendation for the first luxury watch, but few weeks later I think to pump the budget to 4k. I'm leaning on rolex sub no date and Omega seamaster 300m master Co axial. Sub bezel bracelet and crown are much better when I tried it on, just butter smooth. Also, it's an iconic. However, I really like the look of the dial for the seamaster. I need some suggestions, if I should go for the sub since it's built better than the seamaster or should I buy something for the look of it. It's not like I hate the sub dial look but it's not as attractive as the seamaster imo and I feel just everyone owns it... Just to let you know I'm a university student and if you have any recommendations please suggest.
    Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.

Re: Need watch advice!

The only recommendation would be to keep going and trying stuff on.

It sounds like you don't want to rush in case you make the wrong decision, which is good.

Go and try them on again. Take some photos (ask first). When you next think about your decision, have a look at the photos of the watch on your wrist and see which one gives you the better feeling.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    The only recommendation would be to keep going and trying stuff on.

It sounds like you don't want to rush in case you make the wrong decision, which is good.

Go and try them on again. Take some photos (ask first). When you next think about your decision, have a look at the photos of the watch on your wrist and see which one gives you the better feeling.
    But if I go to the same AD too frequently, I feel they will start not bother about me.... Since I'm just a student and I just keep going to them every 3 times in a month or so.

forgot to take pic of the black version

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolex all day long for me. If this is a real keeper, why not find a birth year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kum

And it would be better if you would see each one live, at your wrist. You should fund and AD for both watches and try both f them.

Oops! :)
    I opened this topic, I go for a coffee in the kitchen and after that I post. In the mind time it turns out that my post is redundant.
    Last edited by kum; July 3rd, 2016 at 12:46.
    Paulo 8135 likes this.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

what kind of cloth do you wear to go to class? Looking back at my years in school I can never pull off that seamaster's PCL. How about a Tudor blackbay lol

Rolex, Nomos, Panerai and Sekio

Quote Originally Posted by Badbebe View Post
    what kind of cloth do you wear to go to class? Looking back at my years in school I can never pull off that seamaster's PCL. How about a Tudor blackbay lol

I normally wear shirt, Polo and t-shirt if too hot and for pants dark wash jeans, chinos and shorts. I'm considering BB but it's not on my Nearby AD, I will try when I can go to the biggest mall in my country. Also, how versatile is the BB red if u own one?

Last edited by YunBW; July 3rd, 2016 at 15:03.

Don't feel bad about going into the ADs. Just keep going back and trying on different stuff. Eventually you wil know and no one else can decide for you. I'd probably get neither but it's my wrist. Both are real nice though.

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by kum View Post
    And it would be better if you would see each one live, at your wrist. You should fund and AD for both watches and try both f them.

Oops! :)
    I opened this topic, I go for a coffee in the kitchen and after that I post. In the mind time it turns out that my post is redundant.
    Haha, it's all the coffee's fault...damn coffee...why are you so delicious...
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

It's a fine line between being a tyre kicker or time waster and someone who hasn't made his mind up yet. If the AD starts to get shirty with you or ignores you take your business some place else. It's big heap of money you are laying down and you want to be sure that you get the right watch for you and not one that keeps the AD happy.
    YunBW and SeanoftheDead516 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information